Troubleshooting cemetery stones

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by kel555, Mar 16, 2008.

1. kel555

kel555 New Member

cemetery stones

I was about to make a cemetery lot, and then I found out all my cemetery stones are missing, they just aren't there. I installed freetime last week I think..I don't know if its from freetime or not. It might have happened before but I don't remember.

I just know that all the stones are gone...anyone know how to fix this?

2. Vehred

Vehred New Member

I've attempted to make a cemetery as a community lot, and had the same problem. Was yours a community lot as well?

It's a shame it won't work. My "bright idea" was that all my sims with knowledge aspirations could visit a community cemetery to fulfill their "See a Ghost" wants.

If you were trying the same thing in a community lot, it probably is not a game glitch at all. Maybe if we pray to the gaming gods, Sims 3 will allow cemeteries...

3. KatAnubis

KatAnubis Lady Staff Member

I don't yet have FreeTime, but I have all the other EPs and my cemetery works fine for "see a ghost" wants. I have put all the graves from my multigenerational neighborhood all on one community lot.

You can't make a graveyard that will upload with its gravestones, though. So if you try that, you'll find that they're gone.

I wish I could remember which EP made it so that we could have gravestones on community lots. It seems like it was OFB, but I'm not sure. Certainly all my dead Sims since OFB have been on the same community lot, but it may have been earlier too. That's just when I had my neighborhood to the point where I had elder Sims die off.

4. muffin-tacos

muffin-tacos Queen of Xeex

Wasn't it NL? I don't have OFB installed at the moment, and I have a glorious graveyard! You definitely get the "Move Grave" feature with NL anyway.

5. KatAnubis

KatAnubis Lady Staff Member

You're probably right. I couldn't remember if it was OFB or NL. If you don't have OFB but have community graveyards, then it must have been NL.

6. Vehred

Vehred New Member

Yup, it's NL. For some reason I saved that EP for last... Anyway, the option to move gravestones is there now. Thanks, folks!