How Do I change the language from Thai to english

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by blacktest, Jul 6, 2006.

1. blacktest

blacktest New Member

change the language from Thai to english

Hello i recently bought the sims 2 on ebay.
    when it arrived i found out it was a thai copy but im not sure how to change the language i know it is possible.

any chance of some help please

thank you

2. jupitershana

jupitershana Kitty Fanatic!

Go back to ebay site and check out the other copies of Sims2 for sale, most of them on ebay are the thai language, and they often include links within their sale on how to change it to english...

hmmm...now that I just did a search on ebay, it says that the instructions to change to english will be shipped with the game. You sure you don't have instructions there somewhere that tells you how to do it? Check the booklet itself see if it tells you.

edit: found this link for you, let us know if that helps at all.

And also this post within world sims...oh the power of search

3. blacktest

blacktest New Member

i got it to work :)

Thanks for heads up i found some one on ebay who sells the game and they sent me the instuktions

the link you have there changes the language but it also leaves the game in the thai format so the actual game still dosent work hear are the instructons

[FONT=&quot]Language Changing Instruction for EA Games[/FONT]
    For The Sims2 (and all expansions), Need for Speed: Most Wanted, 2006 Fifa World Cup
    I
    • Insert the game CD into CD-ROM Drive.

• Click here to cancel the auto run

[​IMG][​IMG]If theres any pop-up in foreign language or all text is ????? from auto-run system, please cancel it.

[​IMG]

• [​IMG]Click on Start Menu > Run

[​IMG]

• If your CD-ROM drive letter is D, then type D:\AutoRun.exe -langIndex=1 (without quote)
      Change D:\ to E:\ or F:\ or whatever your CD-ROM drive letter is.

[​IMG]

• Click OK then you will get the installer in English language.

Note: Some games is multi-language game so you can change langIndex number for other language
    1 English US
    5 Spanish
    9 Danish
    13 Greek
    17 Chinese (Simplified)
    21 Thai
    2 French
    6 Swedish
    10 PortBrzl
    14 Japanese
    18 Chinese (Traditional)
    22 Norwegian
    3 German
    7 Finnish
    11 Czech
    15 Korean
    19 English UK
    23 Portuguese
    4 Italian
    8 Dutch
    12 Hebrew
    16 Russian
    20 Polish
    24 Hungarian

4. jupitershana

Thanks for updating us! And now we have the instructions for others who have asked this same question...wonderful! Glad you got it working!

5. blacktest

blacktest New Member

sorry

i diden't see that the picatures had messed up is there an email address i can sent this to so you can send it on to other ppl :confused:

6. jupitershana

nah, that's okay, we don't need to pictures, I simplified it so we can all follow along now.

7. KI75WOLF2000

KI75WOLF2000 New Member

HI I JUST DID THIS. I HAD THE SAME PROBLEM.
    THIS IS HOW TO CHANGE TO ENGLISH:

1. MAKE A EMPTY FOLDER ON YOUR DESKTOP. NAME IT WHAT EVER YOUR GAME IS (SIMS2 ___)
    2. PUT YOUR THIA DISK IN YOUR COMPUTER.
    3. GO TO MY COMPUTER.
    4. FIND THE DRIVE YOU PUT YOUR GAME IN E: OR F:
    5. EXPLORE THE DISK (DON'T RUN IT)
    6. GO TO EDIT AT THE TOP OF THE PAGE. CLICK EDIT BUTTON AND SELECT THE (SELECT ALL OPTION. RIGHT CLICK AND COPY.
    7. GO TO YOUR EMPTY FILE ON YOUR DESKTOP THAT YOU MADE AND PASTE THE INFORMATION IN THAT FILE. WAIT UNTIL ALL FILES ARE COPIED TO THAT FOLDER.

8. IN YOUR NEW FOLDER SELECT THE FILE FOLDER THAT SAYS AUTORUN (OPEN IT)
    9. CLICK ON THE FILE THAT SAYS ATUORUN (RIGHT CLICK AND OPEN WITH NOTEPAD)
    IT MAY ALSO SAY CHOOSE PROGRAM TO OPEN WITH. JUST USE NOTEPAD.

10. IN NOT PAD SCROLL DOWN TO THE AREA THAT LOOKS LIKE THIS :
    English US=0
    French=0
    German=0
    Italian=0
    Spanish=0
    Swedish=0
    Finnish=0
    Dutch=0
    Danish=0
    PortBrzl=0
    Czech=0
    Hebrew=0
    Greek=0
    Japanese=0
    Korean=0
    Russian=0
    Chinese (Simplified)=0
    Chinese (Traditional)=0
    English UK=0
    Polish=0
    Thai=1
    Norwegian=0
    Portuguese=0
    Hungarian=0
    NumLanguages=1

11. CHANGE : Thai=1 TO Thai=0
    12. CHANGE : English US=0 TO English US=1
    ( YOU CAN DO THIS WITH ANY LANGUE)

13. SAVE AND CLICK YES TO THE NEXT QUESTION ABOUT SAVING THE INFO.

14. NOW GO BACK TO YOUR FOLDER THAT YOU MADE AND CLICK ON EA AUTORUN SYMBOL. THIS WILL START THE INSTALL PROCESS IN ENGLISH AND YOUR GAME WILL BE IN ENGLISH.

TAKE CARE
    KI75WOLF2000

8. Jill Valentine

Jill Valentine New Member

Easier way

Well, I don't know if any copy of the game and its packs are multilanguage, but if they are, or the ones that are, have an easier way (I think) to change the language.

Now, you can install TS2 in any language you want, it really does not matter the language you install, because you'll be able to change the language afterwards. JUST BE SURE THAT YOU INSTALL ALL OF THEM (game and packs) IN THE SAME LANGUAGE. I guess this does not matter either, but it's for security reasons (prevent bugs in-game for one), so please, install everything using the same install language. After you install the game and all the packs in any language:

- go to START-RUN, type REGEDIT and then type ENTER

- go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\EA GAMES\THE SIMS 2 SEASONS (since it is the last pack. Please notice, you'll not need to edit the registry for the other packs or the default game, just the last pack, because it is the EXE that is loaded that counts. So, when the "CELEBRATION STUFF PACK" gets released, be sure to go back to regedit and reset SEASONS regkeys to their default value, and then you will install "CELEBRATE STUFF PACK" in the same language you used to install everything else, and then you can change the values for the "CELEBRATE" pack)

- Now you'll need to change the keys DISPLAY NAME, LANGUAGE and LOCALE. There are two problems here, neither of these keys will change the language in the game, but I recommend you change them for safe reasons (to prevent bugs when you alter the key that actually changes the language, but not the values of these 3 keys here mencioned). The other problem is one I questioned myself. My system is Brazilian Portuguese, and I wanted to switch my TS2 to english. The first doubt was if my multilingual game supported EN_US, EN_UK or both, and the other question was "what is the value name for the regkey ?" For example, for the key LANGUAGE, was I supposed to change the value to "English UK", or "English_UK", or "Engsh-UK", etc... So I recommend you do this, if you want to use two languages for your game like me (English UK and Portuguese BR). Install the default game in the language you want first, go to regedit and take screenshots of the values. Then, uninstall, and reinstall the game and all packs in your system default language. You'll know both language values now, the one you want, which you recorded when you took the screenshots, and the default language of your system, which will be always stored in the regkeys of the default game and the preview packs (because, as I said, you only need to change the regkeys of the last pack of the sims 2).

- Ok, after changing these three keys, go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\EA GAMES\THE SIMS 2 SEASONS\1.0 (if you'll go for the "screenshot the values" tip, be sure to take a picture of this location as well), and change all the values of the next 3 keys. The most important one is the type REG_WORD file, which also has the name LANGUAGE, because this is the one that switchs the language in the game. Now this value is also hard to guess, so if you took screenshots of the values like I told you before, you'll know them. The guessing game is really hard and here is an example of why I say this: The member known as blacktest is really right about "English UK" code being 19, but to turn the game from one language to english UK, you don't input the value "19" in this regkey, you have to input "13". The "19" will show itself inside the "()" characters, but it is not possible to type it in the key value.

I just discovered this myself the last week, maybe by accident. I like to make experiments in my computer now and then. Sadly it is not possible to do the same thing with TS1, at least not with the brazilian version, since from "hot date" to the last pack, the CDs came only PT-BR.

Well, hope you liked it. See ya :)