Changes in my life

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Helén, Sep 25, 2004.

1. Helén

Helén Posting Queen

Changes in my life

This thread is to, if any one wants to, share huge or small changes in their lives. Keeps us updated with why we might not have been here for a long time for example.

I would prefer to read about positive things, but sometimes life hits us real hard and we get into problems and hardship that affects us. To share such things can sometimes be good as well, since it hopefully makes us see we're not alone and/or gives us more understanding for others. I know I got my share!

But here's my last "updates".

When I first came into Simschat some years ago I was in the beginning of recovering from a severe, year lasting "burn out" in any way you can imagine. Sims chat gave me very, very much. Nobody knew me since before and every one took me as a new person and was open to me. That was a new experience in my whole life! I've never before been accepted anywhere for reasons I still try to figure out.

Anyway. Through sims chat I landed here. Under members list you can see how long time I've been a Worlds member". I love it here adn I got so many friends.

When sims chat closed - around that time - my daughter moved out of home. (Grown up) I then decided it was time to get a social life again, but couldn't afford to "go out". So I signed up on one of those matchmaking sites. :p never thought I would get any response at all - but I did. I was really startled. Some were really crazy, but I made some new friends - and one day Paul emailed me. :D We soon became real good friends and one day he said: "I'm coming over to see you!"

Yeah, yeah, sure.. That was my thought. I actually couldn't fully believe me until he stood there at the airport. Since that day we've been together. It's not always easy to have your future husband in another country, but we see each other about every fortnight. :) Right now I'm in UK, in his office, waiting for him to finish the work his doing.

Meeting Paul was one out the 2 happiest days of my life! The other was when my daughter was born. After that suddenly things started to change around me. Suddenly I got the help I've tried get for SO many years! next week I'm starting work rehabilitation!!!! I've been waiting for this for AGES!!! Suddenly things start to fall into place, plus I can really get hold of old backlogs and stuff.

Now - after over 40 years I feel I have a real future. Sometimes I can hardly believe it! It's not easy to get used to this actually. But I know now that it is for real, and no matter what, I'll have Paul by my side. We're working hard to manage to be able to move in together. But there's a lot of things that we have to make go right first. But we will! That's for sure.

Much of that is thanks for many of you here, that I've talked to. That have supported me. I hope I've given some back when you've needed an ear and someone there. There are a few, very special peole I want to thank in here. YOu have made a huge difference to me and I love you all dearly.

Tess, Sam, Chrissy, Josh, Jan and Jake. Hereby I give you people all my gratitude for helping me and open the doors for me. You believed in me. When I think of what you've done for me I actually get tears in my eyes. Thank you SO much! I wish I could really be able to hug you all, but only 2 of you I've met so far. And you sure was what you "looked" like. Caring, sensitive, understanding and warm people. I know in my heart that the rest of you are that too.

*Gives each and every one a HUGE boquet of flowers from a very happy me*

:bunny: :bunny: :bunny: :bunny: :bunny:

2. Bookworm42

Bookworm42 Oh No! Bathtime!

Congratulations Helen on finding Paul and feeling that life is turning around for you...They do say "Life begins at forty!" and it sounds like it is for you. Way to go!
    :)

I must be one of the most boring people in here as I can't really think of anything interesting to tell anyone as to why I haven't been posting as much except that I've been putting in alot of hours at work. I was supposed to be hired as a casual help at a local business but the past few months it has been nearly full-time as they have been short-staffed for various reasons. I am hoping it settles down soon as I am getting behind on the children's school lessons and they don't like doing school too well on Saturday or Sundays! Gee, who woulda known!! :rolleyes:

Anyway, that is about all that is going on in my life...nothing as exciting as your's, Helen!!

3. FaeLuna

FaeLuna The One and Only

That is so wonderful your life is blossoming into fruition all around you at last!!! :D Finding Paul and the work rehabilitation are both amazing to work out, congratulations on both!! :bunny:

For my life changes... well I've been working on my health and have now gone down in weight/size a total of 8 pants sizes, so I'm really happy about that. :D Still fighting the chronic pain and working on being more active, but even that's gotten much better! My hubby and I are trying to get ready to move in January, it will be a big adventure for us as we know where we want to move, but don't know what work he will do, or if I'll get well enough to work too. We hope to get health care so I can start having babies. Maybe Sims 2 is a good influence on me, haha! A preview of all the hard work and sleepless nights! :p

I don't think your life is boring Bookworm. ;) I home schooled a lot of my childhood so I know how exciting that can be! :p

4. alapokeygirl

alapokeygirl Very much in LOVE

Can't really add much positive. Got to have a two week visit with my boys in Aug. They are doing good. I have a boyfriend, but we are still 1,300 miles away from each other. Still stuck in Alabama where I didn't want to be. Will never own The Sims 2. That is about it.

5. Helén

Helén Posting Queen

Book. It's great you have a job - there's so many peole around that can't find any at all.... Seems you need almost academic examina to be a dishwasher today.... At least here.

Fae. That's really great news! I'm happy for you. I beleive you will get help with your pain. There's one thing you can try actually. It's totally harmless and natural.

Got to this website: www.all-one.com I've tried that and it's very good.

This is also GREAT products! I have similar here and it sure helps me relax and feel better as well. What it also does for me is that it actually lessens muscle pain! www.wandb.com/cal-mag.htm

One thing's for sure. It's harmless to you! It might help you, but it will not make you worse at least. I have great help from products like these when it comes to my energy level with All-One products (I have Thyroid gland problems for instance), and to lessens pain (Cal-Mag) Cal-Mag is de-stressing as well actually. The best with natural products is that they do NOT affect your brain! Medicins often gives you a feeling something happens in your head. I think that's one rreason why people doesn't believe in health products. Nothing happens in the brain...... Note! Cal-Mag is NOT a pain killer - it helps you relax your nerves and also gives you a sort of higher energy level. Still you can take it before bedtime.... It's also helpful if someone gets abstinens when stop smoking..... :D

6. mangrovejane

mangrovejane New Member

Hi Helen,
    I have been catching up on all the posts that I have missed out on while I have been temporarily absent and was very distressed to hear how bad you had been feeling. I always remembered your cheerful posts and giving spirit and hamster genetics. You reminded me about how much we really know about the lives of those we are chatting to or posting with. I thought I'd give you are little insight into my life since I have been away to give you something extra to read, if nthing else ;) ....
    I am a mother of two, my son finished preschool this year and starts his first year of primary school next year. We have spent a lot of time getting him ready to start formal education (a scary step for all of us). My beautiful daughter turned 3 in Spetember, she is a happy soul and lightens our lives with her infectious giggling. She starts Kindergarten next year. I don't know whether to dance with joy or cry with loss. I just want to hold her so tight and stop time for her right now. And yet, I also want to see her start school and get her first real friend. *sigh* Motherhood is all colours of the rainbow.

I also am studying to finish my degree at the end of next year. It's been a hard degree to complete against much adversity and life changes. In my first year, my most amazing father passed away and I miss him every day. My son was born the following year. I developed postnatal depression. I was pregnant with my daughter when I found out my father-in-law had cancer. His battle with cancer ended not long before my daughter was born. Another amazing man, the loss of which I thought I couldn't bear. 2 years ago, my best friend found a lump in her breast. After a mastectomy, a lot of loving and stuborn strength, she pulled through and I am blessed with everyday she is with us. Through it all I had my degree. I turned thirty this year and reflected on my life. I looked at my achievements and could only see failure. I wanted so much and couldn't see what I had. I have slogged away at my degree and now it is coming to an end. It is my dawn at the end of a very dark and stormy night and I finally feel like I have done something amazing. I decided it was time to stop surviving and start living. This is my beginning and who I am.
    I wish good things for you and a beginning that gives you peace.
    Alison

7. aliendrone

aliendrone New Member

hey everyone.
    here what been going on in my life so far. i been spending alot of time on the xbox and xboxlive. and since some awsome games has come out once again more time on the xbox. i'm an xbox geek hehehe. i meet some awsome friends on there and some bad friends too. but just haveing a blast on it. i still play on the computer but not now since my computer harddrive is full and i got to wipe it clean soon. i jobless now since my other job was done for the summer. some days are boring and some are not. i should start to go and get a social life again. i donno i just see what happen in the future.
    other then that nothing new for me.

8. Helén

Helén Posting Queen

Oh Jane. You're truelly amazing!!! you have really accomplished a lot despite all the hardship. And you're so right about motherhood being all colours of the rainbow! how true - and what a lovely way to say it. :)

With this behind you - and gone through I'm certain you will have the strength of bringing your children up to grown up, lovely people. A person you seem to be yourself.
    I want the very best for you all.

Chris, my friend. I beleive you can find something interesting to do until next summer. :) And do go out and get more social life for yourself. I beleive that would be great. I know you pretty well by now - I think and hope. I wich you too the very best in life. You already know that, I think.

9. aliendrone

aliendrone New Member

yes mam.
    you know me well and i'll try and get a social life. i don't whant to dissapoint you helen.

10. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Benevolent Dictator Staff Member

Don't you mean "mom" :p

11. Sylla

Sylla New Member

What beautiful stories to read on christmas eve morning (6am here, thought hubby forgot to put the bins out, so had a panic and now cant go back to sleep!).

Helen, although we have never spoken before. I feel that I know you through the various posts that I have read of yours, I'm sorry about the hardships you have experienced, and am very happy that Life is finally starting to work itself out for you. As the saying goes "That which does not kill us, makes us stronger".

My life has also been touched with hardship, but the blessings I have recieved far outway the bad things that have happened, I only need look at my 3 boys to realise how truely lucky I am.

I think that you reach a certain point in your life where everything comes together, hopefully, the hard parts are behind me now, and I have so many good things to look forward to.

My story is similar to yours Jane, the hardest year of my life was 10 years ago now, when my father died and discovering that I was pregnant with my first child all in the same week. Hormones during pregnancy are hard enough, death is exceptionally difficult, and having both at the same time, I thought I was going to have a breakdown. Somehow though, you manage to pull through, and I swear I look at my oldest and see my dad lurking in the twinkle of his eye, and in the way he smiles. I don't believe any one truely leaves us.

Since then, while life has been a struggle financialy at times, I believe that I am doing quite well, I have the love and support of my family, and all my sisters, I own a lovely house in the country where I don't need worry so much, and my children are happy.

Next year, my youngest starts pre-primary, I will have no children at home for the first time in nearly 10 years, and again like you, I don't know if I should shout for joy, or cry. I plan on doing study by correspondence in the second half of the year, the first half, I want to just see what it's like not having them here 24/7. We will see how I go.

12. aliendrone

aliendrone New Member

i read both storys sally & mangrovejane. and i got to say is the both of you are true marines. see you both had big problems in your lifes and you both made it this far in your lifes. and if the both of you made it this far then i think you can make it through what ever problem that lays ahead. it all part of life. the challenges and successes in life.

ManagerJosh. i think in the army & navy they use mam and sir as another word for lady and gentelman. mam for lady and sir for gentelman. i been watching JAG alot and i hear thouse words. JAG is a tv show.

13. JohnEZ

JohnEZ The Mac Guy

Hi all,

Figured maybe I'd post. Not much to post, and it's not really relevant, but thought I might anyway.

Dunno why, but really not looking forward to Christmas. Really. I feel rather empty this year... like "All right, there's another year gone by... now what do I do?" It went by way to fast.

On the happy side, High School has been great so far. Just went in this year, and it is wonderful. I am not saying that I like it more than my former school, it is just different... and for me, that change was rather welcome. I like it. :)

14. mangrovejane

mangrovejane New Member

Many thanks for the kind words to y'all. It was especially nice to read your post helen. :) Sylla, good luck with the study next year and with those rascally boys of yours. Won't it be fun to see them grow into men? ;)

MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPIEST WISHES TO YOU ALL :D :D