How Do I Changing outfits?

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by thecool1, Nov 22, 2005.

1. thecool1

thecool1 New Member

Changing outfits?

When my child sim turned into a teenager I decided to change her day clothes and pjs. I made her go to the store and buy some. Then when I got home I bought a dresser, but I can only change her day clothes so the ones I pick out will be the default. How can I make the pjs I picked out the default aswell?

2. suitemichelle

suitemichelle Gramma's here!

click the dresser, click plan "outfit" and indicate pjs the ones you choose will become the "default".

3. thecool1

thecool1 New Member

That's what I did (I think), but I could only plan everyday clothes. I'll have to double check that I did do that though. Although I'm pretty sure I did.

4. thecool1

thecool1 New Member

I think one of my houses is glitched.

Awhile ago I made the teen go buy some dayclothes. When she got back I bought a dresser, but there was no option to change her default. I switched to her parent (adult) and it said that I could change the dayclothes for her. I just assumed that I bought clothes for an adult instead of a teen and decided that my teen would just change into those when she grows up.

Now I bought a dresser and went clothes shopping again. I bought pretty much new everything, dayclothes, pjs ect. When I got back there was once again no option to change the defualt. This time I am sure I bought the clothes for teens. Now that her parents are elders so I can't see if they just added in as adult clothes or not.

Is this common?

5. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

I haven't heard of this before. It does sounded like a messed-up lot problem. One way to check is to move your sims out and into a new home. Keep us appraised, huh?

6. KatAnubis

KatAnubis Lady Staff Member

Is this a Maxis dresser or a new meshed dresser? I've had that sort of thing happen quite a bit with some of the new meshed dressers. (See the sticky about University.)

So, try putting in one of the regular Maxis dressers and see if it fixes your problem.

7. thecool1

thecool1 New Member

I just have The Sims 2 (no exp) and no custom content.

8. KatAnubis

KatAnubis Lady Staff Member

Odd. But before you do the drastic thing of moving your family out and destroying the house, try buying a different dresser. That may still work as sometimes it's not the house but the dresser which is messed up.

9. thecool1

thecool1 New Member

I already tried changing the dresser.

10. HelloKit

HelloKit New Member

There's a bug (as far as I know it hasn't been fixed)... in order to plan an outfit you have to buy more than one outfit in the category you want to change - not counting the default outfit your sim receives when he/she age transitions. The game doesn't consider those default outfits to be outfits you own, so if you only buy one outfit, as far as it's concerned you only own one outfit and therefore don't need to be able to change it.