Cheats! Please Help!

Discussion in 'The Sims 1' started by MalibuBarbie, Aug 14, 2003.

1. MalibuBarbie

MalibuBarbie New Member

Cheats! Please Help!

Hey! This is my first post! My name is Reva! I was wondering if there was any good cheats! I have been searching millions of websites and i haven't found any answers! So please help! I only know 2! The money cheat and the move_objects cheat! thank you 4 ur help!!!:whitekitty:

2. suitemichelle

suitemichelle Gramma's here!

go look at the first thread in this forum. Pokey.... She has a pretty good list. But I have a better one for money.

3. FaeLuna

FaeLuna The One and Only

I think the money cheat and move_objects on cheats are the most helpful anyway. :D I like to use the move_objects on cheat to delete and replace my sims and when I do that their stats all go up to green again! I haven't let my superstar sim sleep for months! :eek: ;) I always save before I do this though so they don't accidentally lose skill points or anything.

4. lewdini

lewdini Moderate Sith Lord

From what I heard...After Superstar...dont use the move_objects on cheat...causes it to hang

5. Amy Sims

Amy Sims New Member

I haven't had any difficulties using the "move_objects on" cheat with Superstar.
    I used to use the cheat all the time to delete neighborhood pets who roamed onto my properties. I've never even thought about using the cheat to get my sims "needs" restored. I have always used the rejuvinator object.

Sincerely,
    Amy Sims

6. FaeLuna

FaeLuna The One and Only

I've had my game crash from time to time but I can't tell that it has anything to do with using the move_objects on cheat or not because it seems to do it at times when I haven't used the cheat too... I think I need to defrag my computer mostly... :p

7. suitemichelle

I keep finding stuff to download. But I can't get my game to load except for a couple a times then it closes again, too. hadn't thought about defragging

8. Amy Sims

Amy Sims New Member

Because I download objects and other things daily (If I can) I need to defrag about every 10 days. I usually do it at night when I'm asleep. That way its not defraging on 'my time'. :)

Sincerely,
    Amy Sims

9. FaeLuna

FaeLuna The One and Only

haha I need to remember to do that... I guess by the time I'm going to bed I'm too tired to think of defragging though! :p ...now I'm trying to remember that last time we DID run defrag on this computer... and I can't remember! :eek:

10. Amy Sims

Amy Sims New Member

I checked last night when I last did a defrag and it looks like I slacked off. Its been 24 days. :eek:
    So when I was ready to go to bed, I started the defrag and when I got up this morning all was well. :)

11. FaeLuna

FaeLuna The One and Only

I just went through and got a lot of stuff moved off of one hard drive and onto the other... so I know I really SHOULD defrag... probably right NOW... but.... you know how it goes... I WISH my last defrag was only 24 days ago! :eek: :LOL:

12. Amy Sims

Amy Sims New Member

I just had to do another defrag. I always do one whenever I uninstall something. I'm not sure if that has to be done. It just makes me feel better when I do one.
    If my computer broke down, I'd just die. :)

Sincerely,
    Amy Sims

13. FaeLuna

FaeLuna The One and Only

...I just tried to defrag since I'm getting ready to install Sims Online... and I don't have enough ROOM left on my computer for it to defrag properly!! :eek: ak! So I'm having to burn off or delete stuff to make room!

...does it mean I have a downloads addiction when I notice my sims downloads take up MORE ROOM than the actual maxis game?!

14. Amy Sims

Amy Sims New Member

Oh my. I think you most definitely have a downloads addiction. :)
    I also have a Sims downloads addiction. I download almost every day. I have a full 700mb cd already burned and I have a second cd half burned.
    I keep copies of objects and skins that I download and burn everything collected at the end of the week. LOL

Ever since this game came out, I've been hooked. :)

Sincerely,
    Amy Sims

15. suitemichelle

Thank goodness, at least I'm not the only one...

16. FaeLuna

FaeLuna The One and Only

Yep, it's a vicious cycle.. download, collect, burn, download some more.... :p And then I get silly switching things in and out of my game... I don't know where half the stuff I have IS on the cds anymore and I think I've downloaded and burned some stuff at least TWICE because I couldn't find where I had it....

17. Amy Sims

Amy Sims New Member

LOL
    I haven't went through my cds yet to switch objects. I've just been collecting and burning objects (just incase I might want them someday)
    There are quite a few objects that I wish I could keep in my game files all the time. Like windows, stairs and doors.
    Its too bad that Maxis gave us an object limit for those catagories.
    I used to download everything Raveena (from TheSimsResource) made. I had to stop doing that because some of the game sections started to "bleed" into other object categories.
    Having windows turn into stairs is a little inconvenient. :)

Sincerely,
    Amy Sims

18. FaeLuna

FaeLuna The One and Only

Stair windows... :eek: ...well.. can you stare through them? ;) :p

I've tried to only pick stuff to put in the game while I'll be using the houses/families where I used that stuff... if that makes sense... it sounds good in theory but I'm thinking I need a spreadsheet or notebook or something t really know what's going on. :p

19. Amy Sims

Amy Sims New Member

LOL
    That is a good way to pick objects. :)
    I seem to just download anything that 'might' look really good in the game, but probably wouldn't ever use.
    Example, today I downloaded a heart shaped fireplace from The Sims Resource free section.
    I later realized that a gigantic heart shaped fireplace might be difficult to incorporate into a living room, but hey, it looked cool. :) LOL

I probably should have used a notebook too, but I'm not that organized. :) I was hoping to go by memory, but that's not always reliable. LOL

Sincerely,
    Amy Sims

20. FaeLuna

FaeLuna The One and Only

A giant heart shaped fireplace sounds like it might go well with the maxis vibrating bed.. make a "love retreat" for your sims with it! ;)

I know what you mean about downloading neat stuff but realizing you probably won't really use it much in the game. I'm SOOOO guilty of that! :p