Clues to the New Feature

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by ManagerJosh, Dec 21, 2003.

1. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Benevolent Dictator Staff Member

Clues to the New Feature

I've been releasing clues on The Sims BBS on what's the new feature....but gonna give all my members one day advantages on the clue :p

The clues released so far are:

math
    arithmetic
    mathematics
    compass
    cinematography
    phase
    cinemize

and that special clue for WorldSims Members....

Flection :)

2. Vchat20

Vchat20 New Member

new jobs? maybe a chance to follow one of your sims to school?

3. REDXIII

REDXIII New Member

Homework and new 3d building stuff.

4. renycsims

renycsims New Member

from the clues my first guess would be a 3D rendering tool for designing, modifying and building houses and/or floor planner for decorating the interior and exterior spaces.

on a 3D blue print, you would first layout a foundation or not, then exterior walls, or specify dimensions for all floors (3 stories max),

then you would place interior walls, windows, doors, stairs, decks, patios, porches, terrraces, fencing, etc., where you wanted them

Then the program would create a 3D model of your plan, that would allow you to take a 3D virtual tour of the interior and exterior layout. you can also take pictures and videos of the finished product!!

Then you could choice textures from the exterior and interior walls, and textures for the interior floors. you can do landscaping on a lot plan, and place furniture on a floor plan.

Afterward the house would be built automatically by the game's engine

My Second guess is a tool for creating 3D objects from 2 dimension objects or from a 1 dimension picture.

My Third guess would be about the sim's memory that they would get flashbacks or mental pictures in bubbles over their head, of past events and big moments they would be in color and would be a moving picture, instead for flashing pictures over the sims head or in addition to that that could have flashback in full video or you could click on their head to get all their past experiences in full video.

Theses are my guesses!!

renycsims

5. sim_luva109

sim_luva109 New Member

Er,what is flection?

6. renycsims

renycsims New Member

the more i think about the clues it makes me think of virtual reality or panoramic camera views at 360 degrees, maybe the the new feature is the video carmera or video views that you can rotate at 360 degrees.

u can set up cameras around the home and neigborhood that will take panoramics views for the house and the neighborhood.

then afterward the video would work like a virtual tour where you can click on the screen or any part of the views and be able to rotate the view at 360 degrees and zoom in and out of areas, and click to go to other areas.

I been looking online at home plans and some of the home plan offer this kind of camera viewing system so instead of looking at a flat floor plan, u can take a virtual tour of the home, turning the camera around at 360 degrees and zoom in and out.

so if you do a video of your sims's big moments, not only will you be able to see that action, but you be able rotate the view to see what else was going on during that moment

this camera system can be used for other purposes too like if you don't want to play a family and you are in the neighborhood screen, but want to see what is going on in a particular home. u might be able to take a sneak peep at what they are doing. without actually loading the house to play it.

you could use this system to create a virtual tour of real estate these videos can be place on the house exchange or a website if your planning to offer houses for download like i am planning.

all the clues fit this description

7. ManagerJosh

New Clue

Yep another clue on what the new feature is :)

propagate

8. Vchat20

Vchat20 New Member

omg. this is completely stumping me to no return dude. can you try complete sentences? lol ;)

9. Enjoji

Enjoji New Member

Well, this is what www.thesaurus.com (the dictionary side) told me about propagate:

v. tr.
    To cause (an organism) to multiply or breed.
    To breed (offspring).
    To transmit (characteristics) from one generation to another.
    To cause to extend to a broader area or larger number; spread: missionaries who propagate the faith.
    To make widely known; publicize: propagate a rumor.
    Physics. To cause (a wave, for example) to move in some direction or through a medium; transmit.

v. intr.
    To have offspring; multiply.
    To extend to a broader area or larger number; spread.
    Physics. To move through a medium.

I am thoroughly stumped, too.... :)

10. renycsims

renycsims New Member

i hope when we do find out what the big feature is, you will explain each of your clues, and how they relate to the new feature.

and the word cinemize isn't a word, at least it isn't in any of the dictionaries i checked.

do you mean cinematize, or what?

renycsims

11. REDXIII

REDXIII New Member

A new sex system lol

12. SiM GaNgStA

SiM GaNgStA New Member

lol .. **** im stomped

13. ManagerJosh

SiM GaNgStA, watch the mouth please.

14. FaeLuna

FaeLuna The One and Only

Hmm I was hoping for something with the archetecture but now I'm thinking it's related to being able to make movies of your sims. :D

15. renycsims

renycsims New Member

Well there still hope for more new features. I am sure there will be plenty more big features after this big feature is finally announced to everyone.

i too am hoping for a new building mode, with tools that will make house building and landscaping more simplified and faster.

a 3D house and landscaping planner, to create floor plans, landscapes for patios & court yards, lawns, gardens, parks, and virtual walkthrough models

I want to make homes with diferent architectural styles, and place them on a website for distributon. I am hoping the game with support that type of building, and future expansions with add variety to it.

I also want pets and apartments, will be combined into a future expansion pack, including a new downtown area.

other wishes are new furnitures and furnishings:

one being a complete kitchen set, to create all kind of kitchen style from traditional to modern, if not already in the original game. would include:

Custom Cabinetry
    upper and lower cabinet, tall broom closets, buffet counters, food & butler style pantries, center island, glass paneled cabinets, panels for appliances, wet bar, etc.

Large Applicances
    cooktops, wall ovens, range hoods, dishwashers, different style ranges and refrigerators, wine chiller, etc.

Small & Home Applicances
    food processor, mixers, microwave ovens, toasters, vacumm, washer, dryer, ironing board, laundry basket, etc.

Eating and Cooking
    cookware, bakeware, utensils, dishes, drinkware; glassware, stemware, server sets; food storage, etc;

Countertops and Backsplash
    stone/engineered stone, wood, stainless steel, concrete, ceramic tile, solid surface, laminates.

Floors
    varies floor coverings, stones, concrete, woods, ceramic tiles, linoleum, vinyl.

Lighting
    hanging pendants, track lighting, under-counter recessed lighting, cabinet lighting, and ceiling mounted.

i want to create some gourmet style kitchens, and pro style kitchens with all stainless steel.

i can only wish and hope!

16. curly_sim

curly_sim New Member

well, i think the 'big new feature' might be school....see, this it kinda makes sense:-

math - school subject (maths)
    arithmetic - school subject (maths)
    mathematics (maths)
    compass - geography equipment (geography)
    cinematography - means making movies (photography)
    cinemize - make into a movie (photography)
    phase - in school subject (english)
    propagate - to grow things (biology)
    inflection - in school subject (english)

flection isnt a word...so i think they might have ment inflection?? inflection is the accents on letters (eg , , ) learnt in english class

so, yes, this is why i think its school. all these words have something to do with learning... school subjects & that. i really hope maxis releases the info soon - im dying here!!

17. pepper_fairy

pepper_fairy New Member

((hi there.. newbie here from Chile)) o_0

can we have more clues pleeeeeease mr. Manager :bunny:

18. REDXIII

REDXIII New Member

Lets hope it is school

19. FaeLuna

FaeLuna The One and Only

Hi pepper_fairy, good to have you join us!

I'm not so sure it's school but that would be interesting if it were. I vaguely remember hearing somewhere that your sims might be able to study stuff to help them at specific jobs....

With several words members don't recognize as real words, I'm thinking a link to an online dictionary might be nice, but I don't know of any known to be especially good for having obscure words!

20. REDXIII

REDXIII New Member

Maybe it;s.....i'm stumped