Troubleshooting Commands screen disappears right after clicking on item

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by ajfd1990, Jun 7, 2009.

1. ajfd1990

ajfd1990 New Member

Commands screen disappears right after clicking on item

I'm playing basic Sims 2 and when telling my Sim a command, the circular screen pops up but almost immediately disappears. I can't tell my Sim to do anything unless I click on it very quickly. Its really ruining the game play.

Any clues what could be going on? Im very confused, Ive played before but am now using it on a different computer now.

Thanks for your help
    Aric

2. Nyx

Nyx The Ever-Knowing

Please post your dxdiag report so ManagerJosh or swmeek could help you. :smile:

3. swmeek

swmeek I got your benevolent dictator pal!!

4. Flameback777

Flameback777 Josh's Servant Staff Member

Is this a laptop? I think other people were having problems with their laptop's trackpad causing the pie menu to disappear quickly. I think it may have been solved by using a USB mouse.

Have a look around and search here because this problem has happened before.

5. ajfd1990

ajfd1990 New Member

Thanks for all the quick replies, I really didnt expect that :)

Im not sure what a dxdiag is Nyx :/ haha

This is a laptop, I thought that might be a reason for the trouble, and I have searched around and cant find a setting for my mouse or clickers that will fix the problem as of yet.

And swmeek, you have solved the problem. I seem to have the one and only laptop (dell 1501) that has a "vanishing menus bug."

Thanks for all the help everyone. Hopefully the download from Dell's website will fix this.

6. Flameback777

Flameback777 Josh's Servant Staff Member

Let us know if it works so we can help anyone else who also has this problem. =]

7. mademoiselle_jj1

mademoiselle_jj1 New Member

I have the same problem, and the same laptop, but I don't know how to fix it!! So if someone could dumb it down for me, that would be great!!!

8. swmeek

swmeek I got your benevolent dictator pal!!

Read post #3 above he says it fixed his problem.