Troubleshooting crash suddenly?been playng for ages!!

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by ineedhelpPlay, Jun 3, 2006.

1. ineedhelpPlay

ineedhelpPlay New Member

crash suddenly?been playng for ages!!

i've installed the sims 2...a couple of weeeks ago and ive been playing it REALLY OFTtEn...but when the sims 2 was loading my favourite family..this message appeared"program has crashed.program will now terminate"

and this has never ever happened before...what's wrong wif it?:eek:

2. simcrazy5000

simcrazy5000 Random Crazy Person

don't know if you would have thought to do this, but try rebooting your computer usually this will clear up some of those 'fluke' issues.

I would like to further assist you but I really cannot without the Specifications of your computer and the entire nature of your problem.

Have you done anything lately including download stuff (including stuff from the official EA exchange) if so try deleting them.

Be Sure to Download the latest patch from EA for the game.

3. ineedhelpPlay

ineedhelpPlay New Member

operating system:micro windows xp home edition(5.1,build 2006)
    system model:dimension 4300

processor:intel(r)pentium(r)4 cpu 1.50 ghz
    memory:512ram
    directxversion: direct x 9.0c

device
    nvidia geforce Ti 4600
    dac type:integrated RAMDAC

drivers
    nv4_disp.dll
    version:6.14.0010.7189
    date:01/04/2005
    ddi version : 9 or higher

although i know nothing abt computers,i think my com can play sims 2 alrite..coz ive been playng it for a couple of weeks smoothly. it only crashes when i enter this certain family which ive been focusing on since ive started playing. i can play the other families without interruptions.

no,ive never downloaded anything from the ea site.

4. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

The quickest way to fix this is to move the family out of the house and bulldoze it. Then try them in a new house. I've had to do this a few times and it hurts :(

If have downloaded any hacked objects (or houses or whole sims) it would also be prudent to remove your Downloads folder from:
    My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\
    before doing anything drastic. Hack conflicts cause all sorts of misery.

5. ineedhelpPlay

ineedhelpPlay New Member

:eek:..move them?owh..man....i hv to decorate the house again!!sigh..nvm...thanks a lot for ur help...ive never downloaded anything..so i was wondering what causes this problem?i mean,it has been perfectly 100% fine for the past few weeks...

6. ineedhelpPlay

ineedhelpPlay New Member

ok..ive shifted my beloved family into another house..and its alrite..no probs