Troubleshooting Crash to Desktop (2 minutes?)

Discussion in 'The Sims 3' started by Sivv Vicious, Jun 11, 2009.

1. Sivv Vicious

Sivv Vicious New Member

Crash to Desktop (2 minutes?)

So I had downloaded the pirated version (gasp, I know) and it ran fine, so I got the legit version and after roughly two minutes it crashed to desktop. No error message or anything of the sort. Both in full screen and windowed mode, although windowed -looks- better. Dxdiag included.
    Thanks for any potential help,

Silvia

Attached Files:

2. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Benevolent Dictator Staff Member

3. swmeek

swmeek I got your benevolent dictator pal!!

If it still doesn't play you might try uninstalling the game and then editting the registry to remove any thing that might tie you back to the pirated version!
    Remember the pirated version had securom in it!

4. Sivv Vicious

Sivv Vicious New Member

In DXDIAG it shows my driver version the same as the one you linked me to.
    I had a problem installing it, hopefully that's why, (cause I already have it.)
    Any other suggestions?

It's not related to having the hacked version, and for the hacked version you only have to clear your browser cache etc. It would tell you that you were running a pirated game even after you installed the legit one, but that's taken care of. Thanks anyway on that one. :)

5. Flameback777

Flameback777 Josh's Servant Staff Member

What was the problem during the install?

6. Sivv Vicious

Sivv Vicious New Member

It said it wasn't the right driver for the computer.

7. Sivv Vicious

Sivv Vicious New Member

Alright, to be more specific, it said ""The driver being installed is not validated for this computer" when I used the Gateway driver.
    I went to Intel and used their driver and got the same thing.
    Intels workaround for the problem was to go through device manager and update the driver - it said I was already up to date. DXDIAG lists the driver version number as the one I was downloading, anyways.

8. Sivv Vicious

Sivv Vicious New Member

Also

I expanded my Windows 7 partition to try it, and it seems to work absolutely flawlessly. Now just to tackle Vista...

9. Sivv Vicious

Sivv Vicious New Member

10. Flameback777

Flameback777 Josh's Servant Staff Member

If Windows 7 is running the game fine for a different install perhaps a file has become corrupt.