Troubleshooting Crashing and restarting

Discussion in 'The Sims 3' started by jenpet, Jun 12, 2009.

1. jenpet

jenpet New Member

Crashing and restarting

Hi
    My Sims 3 crashes, turns off computer then restarts usually when I'm on the map page and zooming in. Please help diadx ? thing attached.
    Thanks you loads.
    Jen

Attached Files:

2. swmeek

swmeek I got your benevolent dictator pal!!

Try upgrading your video driver to the latest driver.
    You're not the only one I've seen with that driver who's had problems with the game.
    I would suggest you do a complete uninstall, driver cleanup and reinstall .
    First off download the newest driver from Nvidia ( i think It's 186.XX something)
    Next google a program called Driver Sweeper and download it and install it before you do anything next.
    Once you've done that go into the control panel/ system/ hardware/ device manager and double click the name of your video card under graphics adapters.
    When the little page pops up click on the driver tab and click uninstall.
    Now restart the computer and while it's booting up (before the windows xp screen pops up) tap the F8 several times to get it to boot into "safe mode" .
    Once you're in safe mode run Driver Sweeper and check off the box next to nvidia-display and then click "clean.
    Once it's done click the start button and click all programs, click accessories, click system tools and then click disk defragmenter and run that.
    Once that's all done install the new driver and restart the computer into normal mode and try the game.

3. Flameback777

Flameback777 Josh's Servant Staff Member

Install this driver from Nvidia. I wouldn't bother clearing out old drivers as they are useful for Windows to fall back on should this driver be unstable.

4. jenpet

jenpet New Member

Hi
    You said use this driver but which one? should it be an attachment? Sorry for being dumb but I'm new to this.
    Jen

5. jenpet

jenpet New Member

Found it! I am daft. Thanks for you help I'll try it now!

6. jenpet

jenpet New Member

Installed the new driver and still crashing. I'm going to try the other idea and see what happens.