custom avatar

Discussion in 'An Area to Test Things' started by socialBunny, Aug 21, 2004.

1. socialBunny

socialBunny New Member

custom avatar

i've been trying to figure out how to use a custom avatar... i already have one uploaded and ready.. but in the user CP area... under edit avatar.. i can only figure out how to use the pre-existing ones... am i missing something obvious?

thanks

2. Flameback777

Flameback777 Josh's Servant Staff Member

You need to have 750 posts to have a custom avatar.

3. nanshi_nibble

nanshi_nibble New Member

BTW cool avatar - keep posting so you can use it!

4. ijRoberts

ijRoberts New Member

I don't agree with things like this. All it does is just encourage people to make nonsense posts just to get their post counts up. (Maybe THIS board has rules against something like that, but MOST boards that have 'ranks' or 'rewards' for number of posts are plagued by this problem).

5. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

I agree with you, ijRoberts. A forum that I run was plagued by a few idiots who kept trying to see what the next level of 'rank' was. When I realised that it was getting silly beyond a joke I scrapped all rankings above "Newbie" = <5 posts and replaced them with "Member" = 6 or more posts.

I wouldn't want a custom avatar even if I ever thought of enough interesting things to say to reach 750 posts!

I've run a forum for 4 years and I'm still in at under 500 posts on that! (300 other users 70-100,000 messages in SQL db)

6. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Benevolent Dictator Staff Member

It is really tough to someone to spoof their posts here and just spam. Most of the mods here are really tough against that.