Custom Content

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by JakeCourtney, Sep 17, 2003.

1. JakeCourtney

JakeCourtney 3d Artist

Custom Content

I know The Sims 2 will be able to support custom heads, skins, objects, and textures, but will we be able to add any kind of interactions and animation. I want to be able to mod The Sims and add custom interactions and animations. Will it even maybe become possible? Anyone know anything about the engine they are using. Maxis please make this open so we can model stuff.

2. simsamgrl16

simsamgrl16 New Member

i don't think we'll know til later hopefully near the coming months i cant wait for ts2!

3. FaeLuna

FaeLuna The One and Only

I'm relieved that they will be trying to make it easy to customize the colors of objects, but I haven't heard anything about it being a possibility to make your own interactions/animations. If it turnes out to be possible at all it will most likely be a LOT harder as the new sims will be much more complex in their range of motion/emotion etc. But hey, think of it as a challenge! ;)

4. lilfaeriegirl078

lilfaeriegirl078 New Member

theyre already showing enough range as it is..... isnt anyone ever happy?!:confused: :rolleyes: :p

5. SolidSnake_19

SolidSnake_19 Senior Moderator

No. I'm never happy when it comes to gaming. ;)
    The costum head thing better not stink like the Face Lift for the original Sims.

6. suitemichelle

suitemichelle Gramma's here!

Yeah, that was pretty bad wasn't it?

7. JakeCourtney

JakeCourtney 3d Artist

As for it being harder, it would actually be easier to make 3d models and animations.

8. FaeLuna

FaeLuna The One and Only

I've had some experience attempting to make 3d models and that was actually pretty difficult for me... but maybe in a program with a simpler interface it could be easy.... I have no idea whether being 3d would make the animations different, but I'd imagine they'd have more points of articulation (like joints/turning points) to work with.

I remember making tons of heads in Face Lift and then they were all weird SIZES and stuff when I tried to play with them in the game! It was a huge disappointment! I agree, I hope the new program for custumizing your sims 2 sim is better than that!

9. mattho

mattho New Member

Re: Custom Content

Well matey, If you ever want to modify the interactions and mod the animations, there'll always be hacks , no doubt. Although personally, I wouldn't recommend it, because they could easily stuff your game. I'd rather wait for an expansion pack and let Maxis deal with creating new interactions and adding official stuff (which is always the best).

10. suitemichelle

suitemichelle Gramma's here!

I actually played around with a animation program where step by step you could make your mesh walk across the 'stage' and do various thing... very time consuming. but I suppose most hackers have alot of time.

11. usman

usman New Member

Well like in Simcity 4 they are relasing the BAT tool very soon which lets you build your own 3d buildings so I guess making other 3d stuff for the stuff might not be too far off.