Troubleshooting Custom objects (with new meshes) not showing in-game.

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by hugzncuddles, Nov 18, 2007.

1. hugzncuddles

hugzncuddles New Member

Custom objects (with new meshes) not showing in-game.

Before reformatting, I saved my game folder onto my new external hard disk. After reformatting, I installed Sims 2 and all EPs up to Seasons, in order of release, then replaced the vanilla game folder with my backup folder. However, I can't see certain types of custom content in the game.

I can see custom hair, make-up, accessories, clothing, walls/floors and object recolours of the original maxis objects (I have the CEP up to Seasons so no problem with the recolours). What I cannot see in the buy catalogue are all those wonderful objects that are based on new meshes, which I have in the downloads folder along with their recolours.

Am I missing something? I mean, missing as in not being able to understand why this is happening? If it's something really simple, forgive me, my head's a lil mushy at the moment.

2. jupitershana

jupitershana Kitty Fanatic!

Do you have the meshes in the same folders and the recolors? Or at least not within subfolders of a subfolder? :rolleyes:

ie: Downloads>>Tables>>Oak Tables....I know...kind of silly, but you get what I mean. I think you can only go one folder below the downloads.

If you don't...I have no clue. Sorry!

3. hugzncuddles

hugzncuddles New Member

Nope, I had originally placed every download into the downloads folder with no sub-folders. Then I created a subfolder for various categories to tidy things up, so I created them for hair, makeup, walls/floors and so on. Some objects were placed into the new objects folder but the majority are still waiting to be 'filed' so they are in the main downloads folder, with their meshes. In the game, I can't see ANY new items that use a new mesh - even though most of them are still in their original location in the downloads folder, not filed away. Hope that makes sense. :eek:

I've decided though to just start from scratch again - I have all the original zipped/ packaged downloads backed up, so I think I'll just add some in small batches to the vanilla game folder. I don't mind starting again with new neighbourhoods - I had way too many downloads anyway (over 10,000). I'll just add my favourite stuff and filter out anything that isn't truly special.

Thanks for replying though. :)