Cutting Out The BV Intermediary Launcher

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by Mirelly, Sep 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

Cutting Out The BV Intermediary Launcher

Just a heads up.

Bon Voyage adds a nifty launcher for the game, which not only reminds you what expansion packs you have and which stuff packs, but also advertises upcoming products .... This is a potential pain for people who want to click and go (to do something like have a shower while the game loads up) ... :rolleyes:

Oh, it's just me who likes it lean and mean? What if I tell ya that the launcher is almost 2 MB and there's no guarantee that Windows XP will clear it out of your RAM ...? Interested now?

The easiest way to fix it is to delete the desktop shortcut which starts the game (drag it into the recycle bin.)

Next Start >> My Computer and open the folder where your programs are stored ... typically this is:

C:\ Program Files\

Navigate to:

~\EA Games\
    ~\The Sims 2 Bon Voyage\
    ~~\TSBin\

Look for the file called Sims2EP6 (if you have file extensions visible it will be named Sims2EP6.exe) right click that file and choose the option "Send to Desktop" ... a new shortcut will be created and placed on your desktop. Remember that you can change the wording under the shortcut icon by right clicking and choosing the option: Rename (That is worth doing because Windows always adds the words "Shortcut to" such shortcuts even though you know what it's for cos you ordered it to be made.

The new shortcut will take you straight to the game without passing through the launcher.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.