SimCity 4 Damn those Zots!

Discussion in 'SimCity Legacy' started by sykodelik, Mar 12, 2008.

1. sykodelik

sykodelik New Member

Damn those Zots!

i'm brand new here solely for the purpose (at least for now) to ask for some help on a strange and random phenomenon i've been experiencing...i started a brand new region and 2 cities...one city is my normal city and the other is my utility city...all my power water and (not at the moment) garbage for my current city and future adjacent ones come from this utilitown...the problem i'm having which has happened before and either magically fixes itself or is forever broken is the no road connection zots i get for my garbage dumps...it doesn't matter the size, placement or configuration of roads for the dumps - they just will not work...i zone for garbage and a month later there's no road connection...what do i do?!?

2. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

If you watch the area carefully for a few moments you should see grabage trucks being generated at the landfill and driving away. If they all seem to be headed out of the city (and that happens to me a lot) try puting in a small loop of street between the landfill and the city's edge.

I actually tend to place landfill away from main roads so I can disconnect them if necessary to allow them to decompose so that the land can be reclaimed.

3. sykodelik

sykodelik New Member

i have noticed the trucks before but i haven't watched where they go...the roads i have in that city are in a big circle and lead away from the center to the adjacent 4 maps...does it maybe have something to do with the zoning size?

4. sykodelik

sykodelik New Member

another thing too...not only can't i setup neighbor deals but the trash in my utilitown doesn't even get cleared out into it's own dump...i have been able to get 1 section in a loop of road to stay but it does nothing and when i add sections into the other corners they immediately say no road...whats going on there?

5. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

If you're still having trouble, stand by. I'm sure a real SC4 expert will be along soon. Or you might take a look at simtropolis ... if nothing else they have a network mod/hack which dramatically improves the route-finding in the game.

I have to disappear now and play with Windows. My principal (and brand new) hard drive blew up last week and I have to install the replacement ... I am currently accessing teh intarweb with the ghost of my old computer ... :eek:

6. t[h]e

t[h]e New Member

I am also having the exact same issue. I have a specific zone only for trash bordering 3 of my other cities, with roads to all of them. No matter what size my zone is, or where i put my roads, it still has a no road connection symbol above it.

7. Flameback777

Flameback777 Josh's Servant Staff Member

Mind taking a screenshot of the dump and the road it's connected to? Then maybe we can help more.

8. t[h]e

t[h]e New Member

i found a solution, you have to make at least 1 section of residential zone and have someone move in. You need people to live in a region in order to trade between regions. hope that helps.

9. lostintwilight

lostintwilight New Member

Solution

I found that zoning 1 section of industrial solves the No Road Connection problem. So in this city, I have some landfill area, 1 wind power, 1 section of medium industrial, and some roads. Problem solved.