Day 0.5 with Macbook Pro MB470LL/A

Discussion in 'News and Commentary' started by ManagerJosh, Nov 18, 2008.

1. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Benevolent Dictator Staff Member

Day 0.5 with Macbook Pro MB470LL/A

Our office was buzzing with excitement on Saturday as we were waiting really anxiously for Apple's special delivery to us. We managed to get special permission to review their latest Macbook Pro and I must say we were excited.

It arrived promptly and our teams began to look at the unit from the top down. It's refined, and it's sleek. I must say, this makes me want one even more now.

Two hours into testing the unit's capabilities for real time video processing, the unit crashed...hard. Restarting produced the dreaded "White Screen of Death".

I've personally read a lot about the "White Screen of Death" and thought it to be amusing, but I never figured to be a victim of the legendary "White Screen of Death." Our team proceeded to see if we could correct the issue, but we pretty much determined within the first half hour that we're locked out.

The unit is back with Apple and we're awaiting for a "replacement" unit for us to look at. Needless to say, our first impressions fall under the category of "annoyed" and "unimpressed".

2. Judhudson

Judhudson is a Hi-Tech Redneck

Ouch that sucks :) Better stick with PC's and Vista :rolleyes:

3. swmeek

swmeek I got your benevolent dictator pal!!

Still want one now Boyo? :rotfl:

4. ManagerJosh

Yes :ducks: :p

5. ManagerJosh

Yes :ducks: :p