How Do I Deleting Stairs

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by MangoOrange, Dec 19, 2005.

1. MangoOrange

MangoOrange New Member

Deleting Stairs

I can't delete stairs in premade Maxis houses! In several of my houses the staircases are ugly and I wanted to replace them with different stairs that match the decor. Most recently, I wanted to make the deep basement in the House of fallen trees into a normal basement so I could actually play in it. I also couldn't delete those stairs. I always get the "can't pick up" message on stairs, even with move_objects on.

Help anyone?

2. Jakethedane

Jakethedane Man of the world

there are really two kinds of stairs. One is a full staircae with certain colors. They can be picked up. The other ones, like the black steel one, you have to go into that particularly staircase menu, activate a random one then press ctrl while you left click on the staircase you want deleted. did that made sense? I hope so. Good luck

3. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

Make sure you are using the correct stairs tool.

Press E on your keyboard to bring up the eyedropper tool and use that to select the stairs. You cannot pick up connecting stairs BTW

Connecting stairs are a little awkward in placing and removing because the have to be "dropped" from the top downwards, but they're most easily removed by going down a storey and deleting from the bottom level. To delete connecting stairs hold down the control [Ctrl] key with the appropriate stairs tool selected and just click on the stairs to demolish them. :)

4. Jakethedane

Jakethedane Man of the world

What Mirelly said:)