Troubleshooting Desperate for Installation Help!

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by klugnot, Jun 16, 2006.

1. klugnot

klugnot New Member

Desperate for Installation Help!

I'm sorry if this has been posted before but this is causing a huge problem for me. When i try to install The Sims 2 Direct X 9.0 starts to install and then i get a message that says, "The Software You Are Installing Has Not Passed Windows Logo Testing to Verify Its Compatibility with Windows XP." Please help me fix this! I went to the microsoft website already and it didn't help me at all. Any help at all would be very greatly appreciated, i am extremely desperate for assistance!

2. Cabinet

Cabinet Trust Me

Go here:

http://sims2.servopro.com/TS2sysreqc.htm

There's a program you can download to see if you can play Sims 2 or not.

I was having a problem until I used this program to find out what was going on.

3. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Benevolent Dictator Staff Member

a quick warning to those who visit that site, make sure you have some tough security running. They have a serious Malware issue.

Source: amm06.ocx
    Risk category: Adware
    Click for more information about this risk : Adware.Medload

4. simcrazy5000

simcrazy5000 Random Crazy Person

usually when this pops up it will say "continue anyway" and "cancel" or something like that. If I were you I would either reinstall directX and then install the Sims 2 or get the CD patch from EA - http://thesims2.ea.com/update/?pid=Help_patches
    I don't know if that has anything to do with it though

5. klugnot

klugnot New Member

thanks a bunch for your help but i tried those and they both didn't work, anyone have any other suggestions?

6. simcrazy5000

7. simcrazy5000

ok I got this from microsoft because when I went to EA they sent me to microsoft so anyway,

Visit http://support.microsoft.com/kb/822798/en-us for the rest of the methods, there are too many for me to copy and paste like this.

8. Cabinet

Cabinet Trust Me

It's always a safe bet to scan ANY program with an anti-virus/spyware detector--no MATTER who it's from.

But, thanks for putting up the reminder.

But back to the topic on hand....

Does your computer meet the requirements as listed on the box?
    Do you have the right Video Card? And if not, is your processor speed at least 2 GHz?

9. simcrazy5000

that has nothing to do with it, sorry, it will let you install no matter your specs, unless there isn't enough hard drive space which it will say.

10. Cabinet

Cabinet Trust Me

If your Video Card can't handle DirectX 9, then you might have a problem. So, yes, the type of Video Card does matter.

Just checked the EA help site. According to them, the error message is the result of a file conflict in XP.

Then they tell you exactly what simcrazy5000 said:

go to microsoft support. They list ALL the problems.

11. simcrazy5000

mine didn't have directX 9, it had like 6 or something (it was REALLY old) and it still installed, it just didn't want to run.

12. Cabinet

Cabinet Trust Me

:rotfl:

You deserve points for honesty.

What OS were you using?

13. simcrazy5000

Windows XP. Why?

14. Flameback777

Flameback777 Josh's Servant Staff Member

XP first came out with DirectX 8.1. :rolleyes:

15. Cabinet

Cabinet Trust Me

I didn't think it had 6. That was more like 98.....

Anyway, the best thing to do is update DirectX from microsoft.

I can't remember if that's what I did, but I do know I don't have the correct video card, but I do have the right CPU speed.

16. simcrazy5000

sorry, i was exadurating ;)

17. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

Or even exaggerating :p (I soo love that misspelling tho' ;) I even thought of a definition for it ...

exadurate
    vt To make an action last longer in a comical manner; to string out a series of
    mundane events with humorous results.

18. klugnot

klugnot New Member

well i don't see why it shouldnt work, i've had the sims 2 installed on it before but then after i reinstalled my computer and tried to install it again, it wouldn't work.

19. Cabinet

Cabinet Trust Me

What do you mean "reinstalled your computer"?

Did you format?

20. klugnot

klugnot New Member

i think its called rebooting.. its just like putting in the windows cd and basically starting over