Diagonal walls and half floor tiles

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by waxpants, Sep 20, 2004.

1. waxpants

waxpants New Member

Diagonal walls and half floor tiles

Just a quick tip for anybody decorating their house.

If you build a wall on a diagonal path, you may place a half floor tile on either side of the wall.

You can make some interesting tile patterns on your floors this way if you build temporary walls, place a few half floor tiles and then destroy those walls again.

2. FaeLuna

FaeLuna The One and Only

Hey that's a neat trick! I'll have to try it, thanks for sharing! :D

3. litl_mama1971

litl_mama1971 New Member

yeah I've had to do that when I have a balcony with a diaginal floor area. I just place the railing first then I don't have square blocks sticking out. But if you don't want a railing then you can destroy it afterwards.
    I like your idea of using the walls to make patterns. That is very cool.

4. ijRoberts

ijRoberts New Member

I have definitely been using this tip in my creations. Especially for rooms with lots of curves, when I want to put down a "rug" that follows the border of the room, it's very necessary!

Super-thanks for bringing this up!

5. Jakethedane

Jakethedane Man of the world

Interior balcony

InSims, I had this cool yellow stone house with the big plate glass windows(remember them? I want them back!). Anyway I made it a 2 storey house, with 2 bedrooms on the second floor, on flight of stairs and that was it. Then, instead of putting flooring tiles on the rest of the second floor, I didnt. Result: A very cool house a la New York Loft, with a huge view from second floor to the kitchen and living room on ground floor.
    This time in Sims2, I realized you could build from basement to 3 floor. So I made a replica of the house, and wham! THE coolest party place with free view from 3.rd floor to the cground floor.
    Oh, and its so cool that you can build on diagonal walls

6. litl_mama1971

litl_mama1971 New Member

I wish they would more corner things like the corner shower. Maybe a tv that can fit in the corner. I love using the shower that fits in the corner. I would love to see corner bookcases. I know that was semi off topic sorry.

7. J. M. Pescado

J. M. Pescado Fat Obstreperous Jerk

The corner shower is, strictly speaking, not a "corner" shower. It merely appears that way. It is, in fact, a standard shower with a unidirectional exit. This becomes especially apparent when you orient it with the hard to determine unidrectional exit facing the wrong way. The sim will not, in fact, enter using the other side, he'll just complain. It is, in fact, impossible to park that shower facing certain otherwise right-angle corners and still have it remain simultaneously accessible and appear cornery.