Troubleshooting DirectX 9.0c compatiable adapter problem on alien ware

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by Ix3Mudvaynex3, Feb 11, 2008.

1. Ix3Mudvaynex3

Ix3Mudvaynex3 New Member

DirectX 9.0c compatiable adapter problem on alien ware

So i just got my computer 2 days ago, but i had to restore because i kept getting an error every time that i tried to open up anything. So once i restored it, I reinstalled Sims 2, and it worked before i restored it, so i know its not my graphics card. But i keep getting the Failed to find the DirectX 9.0c compatiable adapter on this sytem! blah blah, My computer is an alien ware, so i know basically nothing of it, very confusing, but when it came, it had DirectX 10 put on it, could it have been deleted when i restored my computer? and i've also gone to microsoft.com to install 9.0, about 6 times, but the game still wont play, but not just Sims either, its all of my games. I dont understand what to do, some one please help me!!!::):)(

2. Ix3Mudvaynex3

Ix3Mudvaynex3 New Member

someone please hurry!

3. hugzncuddles

hugzncuddles New Member

I know you're frustrated and desperate for help but you'll need to be patient for some technical help here.

Have you read our Frequently Asked Questions? And this post in particular?

Please reply with the requested information and when we know the details we can try to help you. :)