SimCity 4 Disappearing Animals

Discussion in 'SimCity Legacy' started by PhilipTarbuck, Feb 12, 2003.

1. PhilipTarbuck

PhilipTarbuck New Member

Disappearing Animals

I have tried to create my own scenery, in my capacity as God, including animals of the three kinds permitted. There were plenty of them. I then played a city on that site but I couldn't see any animals at all. What had happened to them?

2. sam_lawrence

sam_lawrence SimCity Moderator

Either you have the Graphics settings too low, or your city has become too urban for animals to want to live there.

3. Helén

Helén Posting Queen

Only 3 kinds of animals? I thought I saw more at Sam's screenshots or was that an illusion. :classic:
    Anyway what are your recommendations on graphics settings Sam?

4. PhilipTarbuck

PhilipTarbuck New Member

Not three animals - three kinds. Admittedly a horse is a horse (U.S.A. or English - except a horse is 14 and a half hands - a pony below that). There are woodland animals, horses, and wild animals such as giraffes. They are good when they appear. In my game they disappear. The graphics are set to highest and the cities are very young indeed. Maybe I am not looking hard enough?

5. Helén

Helén Posting Queen

Yup. That's right Philip. The border between a horse and a pony is 14,5 hands or 148 cm today. It's an international agreement within europe today. :classic:
    I thought it was 3 kinds lol, but on Sam's screenshots it looked like 4 different kinds of animals, but I was probably too excited about it so i counted in kind too many. I thought I saw lions, giraffes, horses and deers. That would make 4. But I can be dead wrong too. ;)

6. sam_lawrence

sam_lawrence SimCity Moderator

Well the graphics settings you use totally depends on your computer. What i meant when i said "graphics setting too low" i was referring to in-game detail levels.

7. Helén

Helén Posting Queen

True. You can have a high resolution settings on the screen in general and still a lower choice in the game. I think that's what you mean right?

Ex: My screen is basically set at 32-bit 1024 x 728
    but in a game (older) I can choose 800 x 600.

8. lewdini

lewdini Moderate Sith Lord

sometimes u destroyed the environment so all the animals die...
    like real life

9. PhilipTarbuck

PhilipTarbuck New Member

I didn't have the time to destroy the environment - they disappeared immediately the town was open. I realise that there could be a number of explanations. Maybe I shall never know. I didn't see any rabbits, Nina!

10. toddyo1388

toddyo1388 New Member

There are only 3 "types" of animals... WILD ANIMALS, which includes giraffes, rhinos, etc., HORSES, and another type which I cannot remember, which includes deer, racoons, etc.

11. PhilipTarbuck

PhilipTarbuck New Member

Animals that live in the woods.

12. Helén

Helén Posting Queen

Thanks Toddyo. Another confusing word. Type. :LOL:
    I got the impression it was only 3 kinds of animals like: giraffe, gorse and anrilope for ex. Then I wasn't really blind after all when I saw more than 3 kinds of animals in those screenshots.

13. PhilipTarbuck

PhilipTarbuck New Member

I have my graphics and everything else set at the highest level I can, but I don't use any sound. My hearing is going so I very rarely listen to the sound on a games CD.

14. Helén

Helén Posting Queen

I understand Philip. I often turn off the games music. :classic: and I adjust the soundlevels. Some sounds I want to hear.

15. PhilipTarbuck

PhilipTarbuck New Member

Type, groups and kinds are, I think, used interchangeably over here. They should, I believe, have proper connections and maybe they have. I often come across areas where my English is not too brilliant. I can speak only legal-ease.

16. PhilipTarbuck

PhilipTarbuck New Member

My animals still disappear. I suppose that they would be out of place in a big city. Hey!! I have just been watching a race - the Grand National - at Aintree, Liverpool. The horses are absolutely magnificent and not a bit out of place and I don't live too far from Newmarket - what am I talking about!