Divorce?

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by ExoticJ, Apr 9, 2006.

1. ExoticJ

ExoticJ New Member

Divorce?

Im sure it has been asked before, sorry for the double posts, but how do you get a divorce with another sim? they are at 0/0 and everything, i want them to get a divorce so i can marry her =(

2. surprised_by_witches

surprised_by_witches Sleep deprived

Have the sim who wants to keep the house click on the other sim and choose "break up."

That oughta do it.

3. ExoticJ

ExoticJ New Member

So i gotta play the husband? the wife is living with me right now. Thanks, i'll try it.

4. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

Urrr you're planning to marry a sim? :eek: Is that legal? ;)

5. surprised_by_witches

Oh, so the wife moved out?

Just invite the husband over and then click break up. You don't have to play him if you don't want to.

I assumed they were still living together.

6. ExoticJ

ExoticJ New Member

uhh one problem, they dont want to come over cause they are at 0 =/ and with a party invite, they wont come over eather, arg, now i gotta get them to like each other again just bo break up, what a bother =p

thanks

7. Chee-Z

Chee-Z The Go-Kart Mozart

If you have Uni, you could combine households temporarily and have them break up that way. Or yeah, that other approach works too. :rolleyes:

8. babewithbrains_14

babewithbrains_14 The Offtopic Queen!!!

Could walking into them downtown work? If you did the group thing, you know, the group outing (I never did it before, and someone can explain better) that should work shouldn't it?

9. surprised_by_witches

Kind of hit or miss, that way, but theoretically yes.

10. x0xunacceptablex0x

x0xunacceptablex0x sim addict

Kill one of them off... then re make one.

11. xingjianma

xingjianma New Member

I don't think the break up option becomes available until a Sim is caught doing romantic interactions with another Sim while married. I had a married couple, and the female did something, and got caught by the male. So he got angry and slapped her. Because I had the female first, I wanted to divorce the male, but that interaction wasn't in the pie menu. The male, however, did.

12. surprised_by_witches

Well, yes. I assumed that because the couple's relationship was at 0 that someone had done something to anger the other ...

I had a couple I didn't want to break up that kept trying to do it spontaneously. That was a hard couple of days! They were really angry.

It's fairly easy to break up a couple that's living together. Just invite the lover over and watch the sparks fly.

13. MangoOrange

MangoOrange New Member

They actually tried to "Break Up" all on their own? I didn't know they could! Hmm, this could lead to more drama in my game...;)

14. surprised_by_witches

Yep. London was REALLY mad at Spike. For something really dumb, too.