Troubleshooting Doesn't work? Have you tried compatibility mode?

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by ManagerJosh, Sep 18, 2004.

1. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Benevolent Dictator Staff Member

Doesn't work? Have you tried compatibility mode?

Goto C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2\TSBin
    Right click Sims2.exe
    Select Compatibilty Mode
    Select Windows 98/ME

See if that helps.

2. coolcatcarie

coolcatcarie New Member

I need to ask you a question that I think you may know. Sorry it's off topic..lol. I have a voodoo3 card so I need a new one. Do you know which one I need and how much it might cost? Thanks! - Carie

3. Hater KILLA

Hater KILLA New Member

couldnt find C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2\TSBin

4. KatAnubis

KatAnubis Lady Staff Member

It depends on the rest of your system. Some systems aren't upgradable (especially if they have a card such as the voodoo, which isn't even being made any longer from what I can find).

But it would be better if you made a thread of your own (but you may want to use the search function so that you can find out how to give us the important parts of your specs, what other info you need such as if you have AGP slots or only PCI slots, etc.) That way you can get help without as many questions back and forth, and it won't be hijacking the other person's post.

5. Leticron

Leticron New Member

This path depends on the language you installed the game in PLUS (for obvious reasons) on the drive you installed the game to
    So make that <your install drive:>\<your general program directory>\ EA GAMES\The Sims 2\TSBin

..be inventive...don't just sit down and wait for some fairie magically to appear...what would you normally do if you can't find stuff on your comp?? ...either give up instantly
    or just have windoze search for Sims2.exe

:D :D :D

-le

6. twhwa

twhwa New Member

how about XP?

Does this compatibility mode work on XP?

7. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

Compatibility mode was introduced for XP because XP uses a different file system to 95/98/ME (it uses the more robust professional system that was NT/2000). Some programs that don't like XP may be duped into thinking that the system is using 95 or 98 by using the compatibility mode.

8. Freddy

Freddy New Member

No Sims2.exe

Hey i no this is like 3 months after everyone posted in but i came in now. i cant find sims2.exe. now what? :mad: oh yer, i went into C:\ (even know i have D:\) Program Files\The Sims 2\CSBin yet only:

propoties
    package installer
    ts2 body shop

was there.

9. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Benevolent Dictator Staff Member

Check C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2\TSBin