How Do I Downloads

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by BrinOhmsford, May 31, 2005.

1. BrinOhmsford

BrinOhmsford Divine shadow

Downloads

I enjoy making sim skins a lot and I have my own website so I want to start making them downloadable for people. How do I go about doing this.:confused:

2. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

Post some pics of your work in these forums if your work is good you will soon be snowed under with offers of help to host it. If you click the "Post Reply" button you will find a "Manage Attachments" section in the posting form - use it to upload your pics to these forums. Nice work always attracts attention; nice work can only be judged by seeing ... OK, hun?

3. BrinOhmsford

My Sims Skins

These are my sims skins. They feature the character Frodo from the movie Lord of the rings and The characters from the series Lexx. If you like them please contact me at tabmagic@earthlink.net.
    Or post a reply here

You can see more about them at my website: http://home.earthlink.net/~tabmagic/

Thanks Mirelly

Attached Files:

4. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

Hey that Frodo looks pretty good. What artist software are you using? To promote your work it is best to post actual screen shots. Most designers take screenshots of the Body Shop posing stage. For example I use Paint Shop Pro (formerly Jasc now part of Corel), which has a fairly good and reasonably easy to set up screen capture utility. A screen grab is always a better picture than the in-game storytelling 'snapshots'

5. BrinOhmsford

Are you talking about The Sims 2 Body Shop and if so what is the body shop posing stage and how do you get to it.

6. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

Yes Brin. The "stage" is the round thing with a full length mirror behind it that the sims stand on when you start dressing them.

7. BrinOhmsford

My Sims Skins

Here are some more sims skins.
    Its Sailormoon and Yohko Mano.

Attached Files:

8. surprised_by_witches

surprised_by_witches Sleep deprived

You've got talent, Brin. Have you any interest in doing the Addams Family? Or did you already? Haven't had a chance to view your stuff, yet ...

9. BrinOhmsford

My Sims Skins

Thank you.
    Thats a good idea I might get started on that today. I was just wondering what charecters I wanted to do.

10. surprised_by_witches

Cool! Let me know when you have something. Morticia Addams is my role model ... ;)

My cats are named Puggsley and Wednesday, though Puggsley is a ghost now ... we buried him in the backyard and occasionally we hear a yowl. :p

11. BrinOhmsford

My Sims Skins

The Addams Family

I just made them, so what do you think.:)

Attached Files:

12. surprised_by_witches

OMG too cool. Good job! Did you make the clothes too? I hadn't seen some of those before.

13. BrinOhmsford

Thanks
    Yup. I made the clothes to.

14. surprised_by_witches

Well, nice job! And thanks. When I suggested the Addams family I didn't mean *now* :D

Wednesday: "Pass the salt."
    Morticia: "What do we say?"
    Wednesday: "Now."
    Morticia smiles, passes the salt.

15. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

There's something decidedly creepy about Fester ... Good job Brin

16. BrinOhmsford

Thanks, and if anyone has anymore ideas i'm open to any.
    Oh and come to my website i should be puting up some more screenshots soon.

17. BrinOhmsford

My Sims Skins

This is my newest one; its Yuna from final fantasy.:)

Attached Files:

18. BrinOhmsford

My Sims Skins

Here's my latest sims skins from lord of the rings; Eowyn, and King Theoden.

So do you like :)

Attached Files:

19. kuponutty

kuponutty Confused little moogle

OMG How can you do that so fast? I barely know how to download things! Haveyou seen the older FFs? (Final Fantasy) If you can make objects, I'd love to see a moogle soft toy, kupo! I wonder if anyone would be able to make a moogle sim...

If you want a model I drew this moogle:

[​IMG] Munted, eh?

20. BrinOhmsford

My Sims Skins

My new sim 2 skin is Harry Potter.:)
    I'm thinking of doing another harry potter character but who...:confused:
    so what do you think.

Attached Files: