How Do I Dr. Vu Goof up?

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by lorelei92950, Mar 23, 2011.

1. lorelei92950

lorelei92950 Member

I was anxious to use this plastic surgery thingy so once I got it I wanted to modify one of my 2nd generation Sims. I'm not sure what I did wrong. I expected when I clicked on modify that I would get a view similar to when you're creating a Sim. Then I planned on modifying just his eyes and mouth. Instead he simply screamed bloody murder and came out looking like an alien! I had him try it again and this time I got the create a Sim view. Unfortunately he no longer had his real face, he had the alien one so I could not simply modify. I had to start from scratch and now he no longer looks really that much like any of his siblings or his parents. I realize this doesn't affect his genes and no matter what he will probably pass on his problems to any children, but I'd hoped I get to see what he SHOULD have looked like if his parents hadn't been genetic nightmares. Will this alien thing happen every time I use Dr. Vu? Or will I be able to simply modify someone's features using their own face as a base?

2. KatAnubis

KatAnubis Lady Staff Member

The "alien" thing usually only happens if he's not in a really good (platinum) mood when you do the modification. It's a different process than CAS, which I feel is unfortunate. I think they tried to simplify it too much. Usually you do get to modify the person's face, but only do it if they're in a really good mood and so is the machine operator.

3. lorelei92950

lorelei92950 Member

Okay, that might have been the problem, but also I only had this Sim operate the machine. It did not seem to make a change if his sister and owner clicked on it and I'm certainly glad I didn't do that to her. I kept thinking this Sims was permanent platinum by now, but evidently not.

4. KatAnubis

Sometimes I think that the permanent platinum gets ignored over the moods, as opposed to when moods affected platinum status.

5. lorelei92950

lorelei92950 Member

Never thought of that. I just though permanent platinum was a good thing once my Sim achieved it. :(

6. KatAnubis

I thought it was a good thing too, but I get the feeling it doesn't always work as promised.