Spore Dream Enviornment

Discussion in 'General Gaming Talk' started by artistvrd, Jul 20, 2006.

1. artistvrd

artistvrd SporeMasterArti

Dream Enviornment

ok, we all know that there are several types of different enviornments for Spore. anywhere from a mushroom land (CGW Article) to Desert. What is your Dream Enviornment, what would you like to see, what kinds of trees would you make?

I would make unique trees, huge trees with massive trunks and big fruit to provide my species of herbavores with foos in a swampy enviornment.

you?

2. InvaderBlack

InvaderBlack New Member

I think I'd either like an earth like place with alot of rain and alot of forests with enormous trees, or a completely unrealistic world. Either one would work for me.

3. FireMaker

FireMaker New Member

Hell.

Or the deepest darkest reaches of space. With fire.

Wow.. is my mood that poor right now. I'm not depressed though, sad I guess. Ah well. :(

4. artistvrd

what's wrong firemaker?

I like your idea Invaderblack, kind of like the rainforest, but you create it! For an unrealistic world would be a very cool experience, especially to see life thrive and grow in an enviornment out of this world.

5. InvaderBlack

InvaderBlack New Member

Thanks, I just hope there can be climates in the game -_-;

6. FireMaker

FireMaker New Member

I'm reaaally missing my girlfriend right now. Shes been in europe for goin on a week.. 6 days til she comes home.. I've talked to her once since she left. 2 weeks since I've seen her, since I had my western states conference up until the day she left.

So.. I guess my mood is dictating my creativity right now. No brilliant flowers right now :p

7. InvaderBlack

InvaderBlack New Member

This is the same girlfriend everyone was talking about yesterday (or some other day, it's summer I don't keep track of these details) in the release date forum?

Either way, that's still not so great.

8. FireMaker

FireMaker New Member

Not yesterday more like.. last month, but yeah, still stuck to her :love:

9. InvaderBlack

InvaderBlack New Member

Well, whatever, I read it yesterday. I don't pay attention to those details during the summer.

10. Hazath

Hazath New Member

Ice.

I'd like that. Hoth-like.

11. artistvrd

climates would be sweet! It would be cool to have a creature that grows feathers in the winter to keep warm and has giant scales in the summe rto cool off. Climates though, just the basics, hot and cold? Or are we talking interesting climates that include sunlight, humidity, etc.

12. Bonkywop

Bonkywop New Member

Mine must consist of islands, with palm trees, coconuts, all of that shebang, only with a secret icy lair of evil lurking at the centre, like hell frozen over for alternative eternal disconfort.

13. PlutonianEmpire

PlutonianEmpire New Member

I have myriad of ideas, from venus-like, to earth-like, to pluto-like. :D

14. Flank57

Flank57 New Member

You know, I still havetn heard or seen anything about fur or feathers. When I say feathers I mean like downy covering the entire body, not like the[​IMG]

15. master genesis

master genesis New Member

Those look more like antennea then feathers, like moths.

16. artistvrd

will did talk about the 'care-bear' creature so maybe there is fur. Feathers, however also are likely a possibility because he briefly talked about a creature which was birdlike and with a beak.

17. Astrodog

Astrodog New Member

Completely made of Water. If we can have all gas and all solid, why not all liquid?

Maybe a few cities with spindles poking out above the water...

18. InvaderBlack

InvaderBlack New Member

I don't know. A feather texture will probably be there, but probably not a polygonal incarnation of every feather. Right now the creatures are kept at like 3kb. There are enough polygons already, and if creatures were being made with so many polygons... Woah.

Oh, and there aren't all liquid planets because water isn't dense enough to have gravity, so all the water would just spread out.

19. FireMaker

FireMaker New Member

Its not the crust of the planet that generates gravity, its the core and mantle which are the most dense parts.. So as long as there is a hard core, then the rest of the planet can be all water.

20. artistvrd

sweet firemaker, I e-mailed gamingsteve what he knows about underwater enviornments, he said he's pretty sure you can go through all 6 phases underwater!