Eating from the rubbish bin

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by Figwit, Feb 5, 2008.

1. Figwit

Figwit New Member

I am a relatively late starter for Sims 2 so please forgive me if this is old news.

The other day I was playing in my own custom neighbourhood when a visitor dropped by and started eating from my rubbish bin. It was Gilbert Jacquet - I think I have the spelling reasonably right - the guy in the blue shirt. He must have been hungry, the poor thing. Later he threw up in my toilet. There are so many funny little touches in this game that if you blink you will miss them. I love it.

By the way, could I please thank Mirelly and Jake the Dane for some lovely houses that I downloaded? What a wonderful community it is when clever people share their talents to improve the game for lesser beings. Thank you both.

2. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

Thank you for that Figwit. :D

Yeah sims with no neatness points will scavenge the garbage for food when they're hungry and yeah it does tend to make them barf. :rotfl:

3. Ruthie_Faye

Ruthie_Faye New Member

Man I didn't realize ole Gilbert was so low on neatness points. And he seems to fancy himself as a ladies man. Word to the wise Gil, ladies don't like a slob!

Ruthie

4. Figwit

Figwit New Member

The funny thing is, Gilbert works in a bakery. I took my pregnant Sim lady to Bluewater Village to buy some cheesecake - I wanted twins and her cooking skillls weren't high enough to make it and there was Gilbert behind the cash register. You would think he could eat as much as he liked there.

Actually the cheesecake was a bit of a let down. By the time my Sim got home, it had the green smelly cloud so she couldn't eat it. Is this normal? It seems pointless having a bakery if you can't eat the food. Perhaps it's something nasty in my downloads folder though.

5. Ruthie_Faye

Ruthie_Faye New Member

I've never had any of my sims go to his bakery actually. I haven't taken them to any owned business, the only time they show up there is when I have the owner there working.

Ruth

6. suziesim

suziesim First Year

I only ever visited businesses as the owner as well. Maybe you could trying playing Gilbert's bakery & have his mom put out some fresh cheesecake.

Maybe that's why he was picking through your trash - everything in the bakery's gone south! lol!

7. swmeek

swmeek I got your benevolent dictator pal!!

Gonna say i noticed old Gilbert digging through my bin the other day as well. I thought i noticed him walk through and then I heard these lip smacking sounds and when i discovered him he was licking his fingers like he'd just ate steak or something! EEEWWWW!

8. philip2k8

philip2k8 New Member

my familys never eat from the bin. as i make them eat from the fridge as i know if they get sick I'll Know and why

9. Ruthie_Faye

Ruthie_Faye New Member

You have no control over visiting sims. All you can do to prevent one of your sloppy sims from eating from the garbage can when they are visiting another lot is to greet them and try to keep them occupied. So it doesn't matter what you do with them while you are playing them the OP was talking about a visitor to their lot.

Ruth

10. swmeek

swmeek I got your benevolent dictator pal!!

You could always build a small fenced in section with a gate and lock it.

11. Figwit

Figwit New Member

:knockedout: I did that, Swmeek, when I had the cowplant. My fence had a gate that only the family could open. Unfortunately, one time I didn't lock it fast enough and the silly nanny got in and got eaten. My Sim had to miss a day of work - small bickies compared to poor nanny but annoying all the same. I am a wussy player and my cowplant only got two victims before I deleted it.

I will let Gilbert continue to scavenge through my bin if he wants to. Serves him right if it makes him sick.

12. muffin-tacos

muffin-tacos Queen of Xeex

LOL those cowplants crack me up! Every time I see a townie nosing about the cowplant I think, "I wouldn't do that if I were you..." and then they get eaten. :p

Sims can eat out of other people's garbage? Wow, I didn't know that. In all my years of simming I have not once had a sim eat out of the trash. Maybe I should starve my sims more... ;)

13. Ruthie_Faye

Ruthie_Faye New Member

Not only can they eat out of the trash but they can find "cool treasures" too. The last time I did that was right after the game came out so they just put whatever it was in their pocket and it disappeared. Now they may be able to keep what they find.

The last time I had a cow plant was in a legacy house before my motherboard got fried. I had a friend of one of my teens visiting when I suddenly got a notice that he had died! Then I realized I had forgotten to lock the gate and he'd got in with the cowplant and went after the bait. Anyway it meant my family lost a friend and the mom didn't get promoted that night. :-(

Ruthie

14. simsguy

simsguy New Member

LOL a Sim eating trash?! I've got to see that! What's a cowplant and what do they do?

15. Figwit

Figwit New Member

It's a career reward you can get with the Natural Scientist job. It's a disgusting looking plant that tempts unwary sims with a piece of birthday cake. When the silly sim takes the bait, the cowplant eats the sim. Your owner-sim can then milk the plant (the cow in the title is not just decoration) and acquires extra days of life from 'drinking the dead sim'. It gives me the willies.

16. simsguy

simsguy New Member

Thanks for the explanation on the cowplant. That is another thing I've got to see hehe.

17. MurderScene.Doll

MurderScene.Doll Tamara </3

University is the only expansion pack i don't have 'tear'

so no cowplant for me:)

18. sailorchiiavalon

sailorchiiavalon Addicted to Sims 2!

I get random sims kicking over my trash can that I haven't even insulted.

I will have to try to get my sim to eat the trash ;)

19. Sim2 Rox da World

Sim2 Rox da World New Member

Trash Can

eating out of the trash can can be funny it might seem strange to see a sim eating trash but i did it as a test fro one of my sims to get into a ss but i never got to see the full effect of the test cause my computer blew up and now i don't remember how i created the test.:cry:
    i must admit the cowplant is one of the best things to come out of uni. :D