Empty Thought Bubbles

Discussion in 'The Sims 1' started by ManagerJosh, May 24, 2003.

1. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Benevolent Dictator Staff Member

Empty Thought Bubbles

Some of you are going to see thought bubbles appear over Sims' heads without a thumbnail in them. This is an unfortunate side effect of fixing a lot of other issues, including the upside down heads problem. If you scroll the screen while the thought bubbles are empty you should see the thumbnail pop back into the balloon.

We try to make the game as stable as possible and run as quickly as possible. The change that resulted in occasional empty thought balloons should make the game much more stable for a lot more people. We try in every patch and every expansion pack to address as many issues as we can that the user community has pointed out as being problematic, like in Superstar we fixed flooding under all objects (including the showers and tubs), and the upside down heads problem, and you should see much less 360 degree spinning from your Sims. We fixed the problems with buyable items downtown not always showing up at home, and we also fixed some really deep memory leaks that were the causes of many of the random crashes and performance problems.

So we hope we've addressed some really major issues, but please keep us on our toes and keep letting us know everything that you aren't absolutely thrilled about with Superstar.

2. hataz_gon_hate

hataz_gon_hate Be Nice

3. LordBrain515

LordBrain515 New Member

Who is "we?" Do you work for Maxis now, Josh?

4. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Benevolent Dictator Staff Member

Sorry...that was just off the BBS thread I copied out of...yeah it sounds odd but ws too lazy to change a few text.

5. slimsim

slimsim Often-Idle Member

LOL!

6. FaeLuna

FaeLuna The One and Only

I'll have to try the trick of scrolling when the thought bubbles are empty, it's weird to ALWAYS have empty thought bubbles when my sim is acting, singing, etc. And all those sims screaming and reacting with empty thought bubbles is just funny... :p