Engagement question

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by Sargasso, Jan 2, 2005.

1. Sargasso

Sargasso New Member

Engagement question

I think I understand how the engagement thing works, but maybe I don't? I've done some searching around other forums, and to the best of my knowledge, the conversation option to propose engagement will appear a few days after the beloved sim moves in (assuming you're in love and have your relationship meters maxed or nearly so). I was as surprised as anyone when Cassandra Goth agreed to move in with my sim (who happens to be female and has a knowledge aspiration), and she's lived with my sim as part of the family for quite a few days now. Still -- the option to propose engagement is just not there. I'd hate for them to both get to be elders before they could get engaged!

2. Daizee

Daizee New Member

OK, I'm not positive but I THINK that Cassandra Goth was engaged to Don Lothario. You might want to check and make sure that she isn't. If she is you may need to have her break it off with Don (or kill him off) then try and get engaged.

I hope you figure it out before they get too old:)

3. person123

person123 Frumpy McDoogle!

the fact that they can move in with each other doesn't mean that they can get engaged. it'd be best to make sure their relationship is 100 on both before proposing. and also, the fact that canssandra is engaged to don lothario when you start the game means that you can't get her engaged with anyone else.

4. Zootyzoot

Zootyzoot Keeper of Broken FeltTips

Hearken to person123, but also check they're in love, not just have crushes on each other. Look at the symbols and their descriptions in the relationships bar.

5. Sargasso

Sargasso New Member

That did the trick, y'all, thanks! Sure enough she was engaged to Don Lothario. It took half a night of Irritate->Argue, but the option to break up finally showed up, and by morning my sim and Cassandra were joined. Winner!

Thanks everyone.