Troubleshooting EReg.bin help?

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by parocx, Feb 23, 2006.

1. parocx

parocx New Member

EReg.bin help?

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, Sans-serif] Hi, I uninstalled TS2 and TS2 Nightlife as some of the hacks I've downloaded had made some of the initial Nightlife interactions disappear [Ex: I can't seem buy anything off the matchmaker].

[/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, Sans-serif]I then installed TS2 back without any problems, but right at the start of installing Nightlife, I had a problem concering D:\Support\EReg.bin.
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, Sans-serif]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, Sans-serif]I don't know what the problem is as I bought Nightlife online, and the original game was from Thailand, so the whole installation will be in Thai. I tried retrying, changing from Disc 1 to Disc 2, restarted the comp and tried to install again, and using my E:\ instead of my DVD drive, but the same problem cropped up [Except when I use 'E:\', the problem referred to 'E:\Support\EReg.bin']

[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, Sans-serif]I've checked Disc 1 of NL to see if there is any EReg.bin, and there is, but there isn't any in Disc 2, so I don't know what's wrong.

[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, Sans-serif]And I really really, for the life of me, can't remember whether I had this problem when I first installed Nightlife. [/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, Sans-serif]Did anyone have the same problem as me? Please do help! Thanks :)
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, Sans-serif]
    Oh, I've also defragmented my computer today, and checked my computer for any leftover Sim files, including the registry, and there are none.
    [/FONT]

2. Kungfu Joe

Kungfu Joe New Member

You checked the Registry, but did you check the right place? Someone was feeling a little bit insane (in the membrane) when they designed the registry files for sims. They arent located in EA Games or somthing like that. They are in a { followed by a bunch of numbers. But Mirelly explained it much better than me. See below

WARNING
    THIS TASK IS NOT TO BE ATTEMPTED UNLESS YOU ARE CONFIDENT YOU UNDERSTAND WHAT YOU ARE DOING!

INCORRECTLY FOLLOWING THE INSTRUCTIONS MAY CAUSE WINDOWS TO CRASH PERMANENTLY CAUSING A COMPLETE LOSS OF ALL DATA AND FILES STORED ON YOUR COMPUTER!

http://forums.worldsims.net/showpost.php?p=96548&postcount=7

3. FreezingHelp

FreezingHelp New Member

4. parocx

parocx New Member

Yes... well, I think I did. I followed the instructions to manually uninstall TS2 from the EA site.

http://support.ea.com/cgi-bin/ea.cf...GV4dD1tYW51YWwgdW5pbnN0YWxs&p_li=&p_topview=1

5. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

Shh ... that's where I got 'em from ;)

6. parocx

parocx New Member

Err... excuse me? o.o?

7. Flameback777

Flameback777 Josh's Servant Staff Member

It's got nothing to do with the registry, it's the CD. The file is corrupt, scratched or in some way, damaged.