Eric Swain's mysterious departure

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by the_bass, Jan 20, 2007.

1. the_bass

the_bass New Member

Eric Swain's mysterious departure

So I was playing my pleasantville university, and Eric Swain had just gone off for his second year middley exam, when halfway through it I got a little message at the top of the screen saying "Its high time Eric got back to the real world" and after he got back from his exam, he changed into an adult and went back off to pleasantville in a taxi! Does this happen for everyone????

2. surprised_by_witches

surprised_by_witches Sleep deprived

I think it's a glitch. Someone else had that happen too, but not with Eric. I had a problem with him once, though, in that his grade-o-meter wouldn't give him credit for any skill points he gained.

It shouldn't happen, and hopefully it won't happen to any of your other sims.

If you'd like more information, try searching for "it's high time." I believe they used those exact words.

3. Chee-Z

Chee-Z The Go-Kart Mozart

I had this happen one time with Jane Stacks. I had moved her into a rental property that housed people who had already graduated. Sometimes their move-out tokens are left behind and unfortunates like Jane and Erik pick them up when they come back from exams. It's a really weird glitch.

The meter not going up when you acquire new skills is a graphical glitch. I've had to move people out because of that one, but if you make your Sim keep studying it'll fill up eventually, even if you can't tell. *College Rampage mod from Pescado works wonders with glitches like this! They do the rampage until they can't anymore!*

4. Jazz

Jazz Vintage User

Does this count as him graduating?

5. jupitershana

jupitershana Kitty Fanatic!

No, if you get the message of "it's high time he moves into the real world" I believe it counts as dropping out of college. But I'm not 100% certain on that. SBW would know, or anyone else who had this glitch, they can look at the memories to see if they graduated or dropped out.

6. Chee-Z

Chee-Z The Go-Kart Mozart

With Jane she had no memories of ever being in college at all! :eek: