Troubleshooting Error msg: 'Re-insert disc and restart application'

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by czagnes, Aug 2, 2006.

1. czagnes

czagnes New Member

Error msg: 'Re-insert disc and restart application'

I've got this brand new notebook with all the system requirements, installing goes fine, I can launch the other program that comes with TS2 (where you can design new people, can't recall the name, whatever) but when I try playing TS2 I get this error message and it is really very annoying. I have no idea what might be wrong, help me please?

2. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Benevolent Dictator Staff Member

Knowing the error message would help a great deal :). We aren't psychic you know ;)

3. czagnes

czagnes New Member

Oh, I'm sorry, I thought it was fairly obvious that the title of the thread is the error message I get.

'Re-insert disc and restart application'

:) Thanks for the help in advance anyhow.

4. ManagerJosh

I've never seen that error message before. This is an genuine version of The Sims 2 right?

5. czagnes

czagnes New Member

:rolleyes: I'd really really love to say yes, but I cannot. The weird part though is that it used to run on my old computer, which didn't even meet the system requirements, and now it just doesn't on this brand new beautiful piece of computer. So, might it be the fact itself that I'm trying to run it on a laptop? Because I've been told that laptops are not "designed" for games in any way.

6. ManagerJosh

You are running a burnt copy of The Sims 2?

7. czagnes

czagnes New Member

No, it doesn't actually run. That's my problem.

8. ManagerJosh

Wait...are you using a copy of the sims 2 that was copied or store bought?

9. czagnes

czagnes New Member

Ah, gosh I'm sorry, misunderstood the question, that's how dumb I am. :rolleyes:
    Anyway. Quite honestly I have no idea, as it's not my copy. Is it a burnt copy? Yes. I don't know though whether it's a burnt copy of a store bought CD. I think - but then it's mere assumption - that it's one of those downloaded from the internet and then burnt on CDs type of thing. I may be wrong though. Does it make a difference?

10. ManagerJosh

Does the disc itself says The Sims 2 in a professional print? Or is it like one of those CD-RW discs.

11. czagnes

czagnes New Member

It's a CD-RW.

12. ManagerJosh

That's the problem. Go buy the real game and it will work.

13. czagnes

czagnes New Member

*sigh* Thanks :p
    The thing is, it has actually worked on the other computer before. And on other computers as I'm told it works as well. But okay, I get it. You don't have to help me.

14. Bonesdog

Bonesdog New Member

I have the same problem but I actual bought the game. It works on my old desktop but not my new one with Windows 7.