Ethnical thoughts

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by TheHairyDudette, Aug 24, 2003.

1. TheHairyDudette

TheHairyDudette New Member

Ethnical thoughts

Since in TS2, you can now create different races (or so I think) wouldn't it be great if there were special sets of objects for different races, like for Chinese, there could be chopsticks for the dining table, or African-Americans could have those african statues etc..

Also, if there were clothes to suit each background, that would be really good....

P.S. If there are any typos, it is because I am sitting in the dark, and I can't be bothered to close the curtains and switch on the light...:)

2. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Benevolent Dictator Staff Member

Don't you mean opening curtains? :D

I'm sure people will design something for each ethnical group since from what I heard over at Maxis, their goal is to allow users to make even more custom content than before

3. simsamgrl16

simsamgrl16 New Member

hmm cutains? i wonder...thing they have curtains u can swing back n forth to dim the room or lighten it up in ts2

4. FaeLuna

FaeLuna The One and Only

I love it that in the Superstar expansion you sims eat with chopsticks at the Sushi buffet, so they might have your sims be able to use chopsticks in sims 2. :) For objects and decorations and clothes to give your sims family a ethnic/cultural setting I think the user customization will allow for that. :D

I've always wanted curtains that opened and closed... I schemed plans for them but never got it to work. :p My idea was to use a cloned wall light that could be placed over the window and Off would be the curtain open, and On would be the curtain closed, so there would be light at night... or something silly like that... of course I would have re-done the graphics so it was a curtain, not a wall light. :p

5. simsamgrl16

simsamgrl16 New Member

thas cool! lol i hope they have cultral settings!my parents have the downstairs completly indian themed!

6. FaeLuna

FaeLuna The One and Only

I love exotic themes of all kinds. :D I've found some really nice Balanese and India and Asian stuff at various websites so I'm kind of hoping some of the fans who have made themed sims stuff for the original game will want to make stuff for sims 2 too. ;)

7. simsamgrl16

simsamgrl16 New Member

i hope they have downloadable fod for ure sims.

8. katrina

katrina New Member

they'll probably have a couple of items from different places at least, like they did in the sims 1. I wouldn't imagine they could have too much thought since they only have, what is it? 700 items? I can't remember. I know it's a lot compared to the first game, but I'm so used to playing with expansion packs now. I wonder how many items we actually have with all the expansion packs?

9. FaeLuna

FaeLuna The One and Only

I'd have to go through my game and count all the items in it since I don't think I'm currently playing with any user made downloads right now. I think it's a lot more than 700 but I could be wrong!

10. suitemichelle

suitemichelle Gramma's here!

I know i dl'd curtains that open and close but I forgot what site. sorry. I'll let you know if I figure it out who hacked them.

11. lilfaeriegirl078

lilfaeriegirl078 New Member

there are 1200 objects with the sims including all the EPs (even makin magic)

12. FaeLuna

FaeLuna The One and Only

Wow! :eek: How did you find that out lilfaeriegirl?? And can you say how many objects are in makin magic? :)

PS I love your sig with the rainbow of quotes!

13. lilfaeriegirl078

well its an estimate cuz in the original, they had 150 items yeah? and in the EP's they had 125 + so i just made it into 150 and bam 1200. its a guesstimate that MM will have 125+ but they usually stick along the lines of their forefathers lol. and thanks about my sig! it took me forever! well actually like 5 minutes but oh well! :D
    and the quote is from the lotr second book and so forth

14. SolidSnake_19

SolidSnake_19 Senior Moderator

I think that would be great if they added all those things for the different races. If they add enough little things like that it would definatly add to the game play.

15. simsamgrl16

simsamgrl16 New Member

if they had that kinda thin, they have more kinda ppl probably buy it

16. lilfaeriegirl078

i think theyre pretty much covered when it comes to sales for the sims 2 LOL!

17. katrina

katrina New Member

yeah, i'd still buy it if there were half the number of objects in it