EVER been Abducted by aliens?

Discussion in 'The Sims 1' started by AbductedOne, Feb 24, 2004.

1. AbductedOne

AbductedOne New Member

EVER been Abducted by aliens?

I am a new player and I was gazing thru the telescope when my guy started floating straight up in the air!I dissapeared for about 8 sims hours and when I came back my personality was drastically changed!I was ALOT less outgoing and very neat and nice....timid.I view again the next night and it happened again!My roomate could have "joined" me but, didnt.When I returned ...again I had completely lost all "active,playful and timid".I sold the telescope right away and took up chess.Any similar "encounters" or maybe advice for preventio of future alien abduction?

2. IrishDragon

IrishDragon New Member

Lol... ah the adventures of the telescope! The only sure way of it not happening is if you dont look in it for a very long time or at all, its just random really. I think its kind of neat for that to happen... adds a little fun into the game.

3. AbductedOne

AbductedOne New Member

I like the abduction idea but, not fond of the personality change...too drastic dont you think?

4. SolidSnake_19

SolidSnake_19 Senior Moderator

The personality change does kind of stink, but I find it makes the game more interesting since after the event I may have to work harder in an area to get back to normal.

When it first happened to my sim I thought he had gotten vaporized somehow and would be gone forever. ;)

5. AbductedOne

AbductedOne New Member

haha...so are you saying that it IS possible to return your personality back to its original state?I am unaware...

6. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

One of the concatenation station potions will do a personality reverse ... can't remember which color offhand but a quick search of the thesims.ea.com forums would turn up the answer ...

7. Bookworm42

Bookworm42 Oh No! Bathtime!

Hmmm....I had my guy go missing for a day and I was freaking out thinking that my game had a glitch...I had taken my eyes off the screen to answer the phone for a minute and when I came back he was gone!! Gee, I knew one shouldn't leave a baby alone in a bathtub but who knew you had to keep a close eye on your Sims as well!! :O He was a real jerk when he came back too so I let him die in a tragic kitchen accident....I didn't realize that his personality could have been saved....Poor Herman! :(

8. IrishDragon

IrishDragon New Member

HAHA that's so funny Bookworm! I too thought my game had a glitch in it but I saw my sim child be sucked up into the greyness of the Sims sky and had no idea that it was an alien abduction and I started freeking out as well when hour after hour my sim didnt return and all my other sims were going over to where the little kid had dissapeared crying so I didnt know what was going on! Thankfully she came back after awhile and instead she was mean when she left and came back shy and timid lol Who could blame her huh? Stupid probe!

9. mangrovejane

mangrovejane New Member

ROFL. Ilove the new alien abduction scene they have in the SIMS 2. I can't wait to get me a telescope and be abducted in the new game *happysighsallaroundforsims2*

10. IrishDragon

IrishDragon New Member

Oh I know! I think besides getting a house decorated and my sim family made that will be the very next thing on my list to do lol.

11. mangrovejane

mangrovejane New Member

...as well as trying out the new objects and testing every interaction programmed and working out new ways to torture our poor sims...LOL

12. Bookworm42

Bookworm42 Oh No! Bathtime!

Hmmm, doesn't this say something about us "normal" people when we start dreaming about how we can "torture" our Sim people? It seems to show some disturbing "acting out" from our normal, conservative lives. And, Irish, now I even feel sorrier for poor Herman...I thought he came back mean for no reason but I had totally forgotten what a "Probing" experience he woulda had...Boy, I would have become rather mean and grumpy too!! And here, instead of compassion and sympathy, I killed him off!!
    *Runs off crying in remorse...."If only I'd known!!" Wahhh! :cry:

13. IrishDragon

IrishDragon New Member

ROFL!!! Poor Herman!! *pats Book on the back* You can always bring him back... kinda. And yeah, it is quite disturbing when we start getting excited about the new ways we can torture our sims... lol, its a "relaxation" thing for all the stuff we would like to do to people but cant because we are to nice to do it.

14. Yeh! I got abducted once! that was so kewl! I thought my sim would neva come back...i like it when kids get abducted! cause when they come back they babble to the adults about it and the adults dont believe them!

15. FinalFantasy4ever

FinalFantasy4ever Oh where in the world...

I had a sim abducted before I knew they could be. It scared me to death since I couldn't figure out where he went. lol

16. afropower234

afropower234 Truly Ancient

I don't like the personality switch. I still remember Melissa. SHe was nice, neat, and outgoing. WHen she came back she was mean and messy, so I burnt her!

17. FaeLuna

FaeLuna The One and Only

I've never had a sim abducted but now I'm thinking about making a really mean sim like a mad scientest, have him look in the telescope all the time, hope he gets abducted and becomes nice!

18. vix

vix New Member

Hello!

New to these shores.

I've not had my Sim abducted but I have never bought the telescope before. Will do now though, sounds like fun!:D

19. FaeLuna

FaeLuna The One and Only

Hi vix, nice to meet you! Have fun getting your sims abducted now. ;) :D