Ever wonder how many days in sim life... ITS HERE!!!

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by altec_tech, Jan 25, 2004.

1. altec_tech

altec_tech New Member

Ever wonder how many days in sim life... ITS HERE!!!

Here is the original post by me...

Wow... isin't that awesome!!!

2. Pixie

Pixie Yoga Queen

Hahahahaha! That is the funniest thing I've ever read :) Bravo Bravo... now when the game comes out you'll be able to compare you're stats to the actual game stats...
    Even if you're way off, I still applaude u :)

3. altec_tech

altec_tech New Member

Thank you thank you... I think there are a few confused people about it but I'll just say this..... According to my calculations (LOL FIRST TIME I EVER SAID THAT I ALWAYS WANTED TO) a Sim's life span will be about 340 sim days and it will be spread out accordingly...

Baby = 3 sim days
    Toddler = 16 sim days
    Kid = 28 sim days
    Teenager = 32 sim days
    Adult = 156 sim days
    Elder = 108 sim days

There ya go... oops almost forgot

Dead = infinite sim days

4. REDXIII

REDXIII New Member

Were u on drugs when u posted that o_O

5. altec_tech

altec_tech New Member

I'll put it this way... if you don't understand but want to, I can help, if you make fun of me and don't believe me and don't understand... you are a moron.... WTG RED!!! If you understand it.... then you are normal.

I'm trying to say that 1 real life year or even sim year is equal to 4 sim days.

So I just converted a human life cycle into a sim life cycle by changing the normal human years and multiplying them by 4 to make them into number of sim days (because 4 sim days is equal to 1 sim year) So with that out of the way.... all you do is take the avg span of a cycle of a human (i.e. baby, toddler, kid, etc...) and calculate from what year to what year and how many years that is.... like for kid its 6 yrs old to 12 years old... so that would be 7 years! So if that is 7 years you would multiply it by 4 to make it in sim days.... that would be 28 days and thats how you would do it....

Following the rules (which i said above) means it has to follow that like an adult's span has to last longer than all the others and the elder's span has to be the second highest of all the spans.... thats all I did.... it's not hard. The only thing different is, is that I used a random number for when they died... I used 87. So thats why I said there might be a difference of 10 sim days for each span when game comes out.

If you have any questions about this discovery / theory.... please ask. Like what you don't understand or how I got something. I may have wrote it a little sloppy so I will be happy to clear anything up for you. I was writing it kind of fast but I will be a little bit more calm now. Thanks!

6. jayjaydiva

jayjaydiva New Member

1 SIM DAY IS 15 MIN. THAT MEANS A SIM WILL BE PREGNANT FOR 45 MIN. REAL TIME

[Edited to add:]

IF YOU DON'T BELIEVE READ THE LAST CHAT TRANSCRIPTS

[Jay: Try not to double post.]

7. altec_tech

altec_tech New Member

Umm.... I belive you but you see.... if you DON'T Fast forward your sims while they are sleeping its 24 minutes... and also.... I know that and why are you arguing about that this isin't the right thread. This is about a life span of a stage in sim life and the life span of the entire sim....

[Edited: Name calling = Rude.]

8. Lola

Lola New Member

That's really cool that you seem to have solved the "how many days are in the stages" question, but Luc said that the Teen and Adult stages will be the longest. So maybe flip the elder and teen numbers around it will be closer? If you're right, I think that 340 days is definately enough time for Sims to live!

9. FaeLuna

FaeLuna The One and Only

I think the "average human lifespan" used to be around 70 years but it longer now... maybe 75-80? Try those calculations with shorter lifespan total till the teen years are longer than the elderly years and it would fit more like Maxis has said, since they said your sims would be teens and adults longest out of the life stages, right?

10. jayjaydiva

jayjaydiva New Member

[Post edited: Don't stoop to that level.]

11. jayjaydiva

jayjaydiva New Member

Don't stoop to what level? he can say what he feels an I can't? I should be able to say what I want in response to him being stupid.

12. altec_tech

altec_tech New Member

jayjaydiva I do not understand why you think I am being stupid, you posted in the WRONG thread. Not only that, you are saying I am stupid because you have never heard of the word ALGEBRA!!! Yes, Algebra is what I used to solve that. It is not hard I use Algebra a lot in my life, it is a great thing to learn so please don't try to be a (I edited out) and be (I edited out) and be (I edited out) just because you don't understand the equation / theory. If you don't like it don't say anything! LEAVE IT ALONE!

Added: Also once again. If you don't understand it, any of you, please ask me a question, if you don't think its right, tell me what you think, but please don't be a jerk about it and try to make fun of me or call me stupid. If you want to be very negative about, please keep it to yourself, I certainly wouldn't want flame wars coming into these threads. (Not like they would last long though due to good moderators :)

Mored Added: jayjaydiva, I got your e-mail... THANKS!!!! :angry: :angry: :angry: :cry::cry::cry:

13. FaeLuna

FaeLuna The One and Only

I hope everyone can settle their differences and get along. :(

I think altec_tech has reasoned out a good equation for calculating a sims lifespan in Game Time. But I don't know if it's correct or not till the game comes out, because, while it is true that Maxis has said pregnancy will last 3 days of sim time, it doesn't mean they HAD to make time continue at that rate. And I'm afraid they might not have the time work out in an equation since Maxis has said THEY can not tell exactly how long your sims lifespan will be.

jayjaydiva has said how long in real life time a sims day will last, and that's a valid observation, but not what anyone was talking about earlier, since everyone was dealing with Sims time days and years, but not real life hours. I think there's been some confusion there and I hope everyone can read back to make it all make sense.

14. Vchat20

Vchat20 New Member

imo, with how complex this game is going to be, there is not going to be a definite sim life span, nor a definite length for each period of their life. instead it will probably depend on what happens in their life.

15. FaeLuna

FaeLuna The One and Only

Now you've got me wondering if I can stress out my sims so they die early, but without being in an accident... do sims have blood pressure? ;)

16. altec_tech

altec_tech New Member

I've always wondered... what's IMO and IMHO...? jayjaydiva just sent me another e-mail and she said she just so happened posted in the wrong thread but I don't appreciate the way she worded it to me :(

17. Vchat20

Vchat20 New Member

IMO = In My opinion
    IMHO = In My Humble Opinion
    AFAIK = As Far As I Know
    IIRC = If I Remember Correctly

18. jayjaydiva

jayjaydiva New Member

Whether he is right or not doesn't matter to me. It was the name calling that was stupid. Also, if my message is going to be unfairly erased then his should be too. I didn't start this and it is stupid and the mediator should be fair about things. Now I'm going to end this and be the bigger person but don't let me hear that you're calling someone else a name unnecessarily again.

19. Cool_Diva

Cool_Diva New Member

You can't be sure how long each stages is gonna last because noone knows!

[Added:]

I agree jayjaydiva

20. altec_tech

altec_tech New Member

I already ended this towards the top but whatever.

PLEASE DO NOT TALK ABOUT ANYTHING UNLESS IT HAS SOMETHING TO DO WITH THE TOPIC!!! Thanks.