Troubleshooting Everyone is Completely confused! Someone please help me!!!!

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by x-alyx-x, Nov 25, 2007.

1. x-alyx-x

x-alyx-x New Member

Everyone is Completely confused! Someone please help me!!!!

Hiya, i'm new on here, and i really a having trouble.:(

I'm from the UK and i have recently just purchased The Sims 2 Festive Holiday stuff pack! (not sure whether it goes under a different name else where int he world)

Anyway... I installed the game the day i got it, and thought everything was normal.. it told me that the instillation was complete, so i went straight into the game expecting to find all of the new things. But nothing had changed.. there was nothing new at all!:eek:

I exited the game, and checked the EA Games folder where all the previous games have been installed to.. and it wasn't there.... so first instinct.. i tried to install it again, in case it hadn't worked! But it just told me that it was already installed.... :mad:

I ran a search on the computer looking for the correct folder for the pack.. and apparently it doesn't exist on my computer! i can not find it anywhere, and i have tried everything. so.. i cant even uninstall it to try again.:mad:

My computer on one hand is saying its installed! but the folder is no where to be found, not even on Add/Remove programs...:confused:

Has anyone else experienced this and come up with a way to fix it... or does anyone have any ideas.

thank you so much
    Alyx
    xxxxxxx

2. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

OK, if you allowed a standard installation to proceed then there should be folder in C:\Program Files\EA Games\The Sims 2 Festive Holiday Fun Stuff

If that is not there, then the installation failed. If you are unable to make the installation run now, the simplest way out would be to uninstall the whole game and start over.

FIRST BACK UP ANY SAVED GAMES!