expansion help please!

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by cheeseygrin, Mar 26, 2005.

1. cheeseygrin

cheeseygrin New Member

expansion help please!

i am a huge ******* - even though i read the big post at the top of this board a dozen times about how to correctly install the ep i still managed to **** it up - what i did was delete the contents of the 'saved sims' file after i backed it up (still have a copy) as i did with the downloads folder and so i added the saved sims folder back only after it finished installing. after reading some posts here i realise that it was very stupid of me to do. in the game, my neighbourhood is still there, and when you click on the houses the families are still there, but when i click to enter the house it wont go any further than the loading part with the family portrait on the screen. it wont crash or anything it just doesnt stop loading. is there a way i can fix this and get my families back? i only backed up the 'downloads' folder and the 'saved sims' folder, no others, so if i uninstall TS2U will it not work? i am a computer idiot i know, any help greatly appreciated...

2. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

It's important to remember that S2U changes the format of the saved games so if you reinstall you must put back the saved games (keep a copy in reserve) before installing University.

3. cheeseygrin

cheeseygrin New Member

okay cool - so all i need to do is uninstall S2U, then put the 'saved sims' folder back, then reinstall S2U and the families will be accessable? is that right? i just have to have it spelled out to me because i dont have much knowledge of computers. thanks :)

4. Flameangel

Flameangel New Member

Yep...unless somthing goes wrong uncontrollably:( like what happpend to kristolrose and I. I have my fingers crossed for you!

5. cheeseygrin

cheeseygrin New Member

well i tried it and it didnt work so i lost all my families - but oh well its only a game, i was never upset because i knew that i could reproduce them! so thats what i've been doing for the last week - i knew them pretty well so i have gotton all of them pretty much exactly the same haha im a nerd. they dont have the memories and such but thats ok and its good becasue i have also moved them to a different and better neighbourhood so its all good!

6. ijRoberts

ijRoberts New Member

Sorry to hear of your troubles, but I'm glad you've got things back on track and you certainly have the right attitude about it!

It's funny, though, because most times I mess up and have to do something over again, it usually ALWAYS comes out better the second time! =)