Spore Facts Vs. Rumors

Discussion in 'General Gaming Talk' started by kingofthenet, Sep 9, 2005.

1. kingofthenet

kingofthenet New Member

Facts Vs. Rumors

I thought it'd be a nice idea if some members here will contribute a nicely implemented "Facts Vs. Rumors" post that will explain what is confirmed and what isn't....

So, yeah, let's roll it and create a good starting point for the Spore-newbies ;)

The gathered posts will form a one long and very productive post that will be stick-ied later.

Heat

2. K.Kraden

K.Kraden New Member

Fact: Robots are going to be in the game

Rumor: Cyborgs are going to be in the game

Rumor: Players will be able to completely build their own star systems and entire sections of space (W.W. said he wanted to include this feature but it might not be possible)

Fact: Creatures can be on land, in the sea, and in the air

Fact: Cities are in the oceans and on land only; there are no floating cities

Fact: Only one creature can naturally evolve intelligence on a planet.

Rumor (that is most likely fact:( More than one intelligent species can exist on a planet, if they are made artificially or if they are brought to the planet from elsewhere

Rumor: in the tribal stage, you can command your creatures around RTS style, telling them where to go and what to do in mass.

Fact: There is no main storyline to Spore.

Fact: The player can blow up planets

Rumor: The player can blow up star systems

Rumor: The galaxy is run in real-time, which means suns and nebulae age and eventually go nova (Again, this is something W.W. mentioned, but did not confirm or deny)

Fact: The game will alter itself to your play style, IE. Aggressive races will find that the game will be more focused around combat, while players who explore a lot during the game will find an overabundance of interesting planets

Fact: Earth is the Kingdom of 'Who Gives a Shit?'

I'll post more later when I think of more.

3. kingofthenet

kingofthenet New Member

Those are some great F&R Kraden, keep it up :D

Heat

4. HolsteinCow

HolsteinCow New Member

Fact: This game will kick ass.

I am currently waiting for Blizzard to do this game RIGHT.

5. El Cid

El Cid New Member

What makes you think Blizzard is making this game?

6. Nightshade

Nightshade New Member

B..Blizzard..? You do realize Maxis is doing this game right..?

7. gg2112

gg2112 New Member

Damnit... :banghead:

Was my quote. :indifferent:

8. HolsteinCow

HolsteinCow New Member

What I meant was Maxis will make this game and it will kick ass but then Blizzard will make a game like it and it will be everything the original was supposed to be.

9. Nightshade

Nightshade New Member

Blizzard doesn't make sims games, and I've been playing their games since warcraft I... they're busy with world of warcraft and starcraft ghost. Blizzard copying Maxis in a sims game? HAH!

10. K.Kraden

K.Kraden New Member

not to be more off topic, but they're also working on starcraft 2 as well.

11. Nightshade

Nightshade New Member

Where'd you hear that..? I'm one of their biggest fans and they havn't mentioned anything of the sort. You're thinking of starcraft ghost, the 1st person shooter.

12. K.Kraden

K.Kraden New Member

No, I'm thinking of Starcraft 2. Gaming Steve sat down with them and they mentioned it, he talked about it in one of his podcasts. It is several years from completion, but it is still in the works; it's merely taking a backseat to Ghost and to WoW at the moment.

13. K.Kraden

K.Kraden New Member

Rumor: (Almost fact) The game will be released in Fall of '06

Fact: Once you get advanced enough you gain access to 'developer' editors, which are like the normal editors except with much more power, and no resource requirements (This might be false, but it has been mentioned so much by credible sources that it's almost 100% guaranteed)

14. gg2112

gg2112 New Member

Advanced enough, how? :shy:

15. leech10

leech10 New Member

Probably once you unlock the UFO, maybe a little later.

16. Flank57

Flank57 New Member

Most likely later, you still have a ways to go to get the Genesis Device after a UFO.

17. master genesis

master genesis New Member

what is after the ufo and genesis device, i mean whats next :indifferent:

18. El Cid

El Cid New Member

Universal domination and genetically altering your former foes aswell as your future slaves/pets on other planets, of course.

19. gg2112

gg2112 New Member

:laughing2: Where'd you get that from?

20. El Cid

El Cid New Member

That's my plan :)