Fae's New Skins/Meshes

Discussion in 'The Sims 1' started by FaeLuna, Feb 10, 2003.

1. FaeLuna

FaeLuna The One and Only

Fae's New Skins/Meshes

Hey! I'm finally getting back into my meshing and skinning! It's time to crash and sleep now after making new skins, but I thought I'd ask what everyone thinks so far, and ask Josh if the graphic is ok to use in the downloads. It's the 160 pixels high you told me to do, but I made it a little wider than they have been to show an up close shot of the detailing so they can tell it's there! It's hard to see it in the little pic! :p

Everyone say what you think! I'm planning a set of these in different colors! :D It was inspired by a top I saw on tv a few hours ago... I had to make a mesh that had a SLIGHTLY flared sleeve because the fitted one wasn't looking right with the detail....

Oh yeah, and I plan to put it in my game and TEST it! :D Since it's my mesh I have to make sure it really works....

Attached Files:

2. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Benevolent Dictator Staff Member

Try focusing on the person more. 75x160 is my recommended size.

3. FaeLuna

FaeLuna The One and Only

Yay!! I couldn't sleep so I tested my mesh and skin in the game and it WORKS!!

How do I focus on the person more? If I crop that picture would you want me to crop out the tiny full body, or the up close of the details? Or do you mean in the close up leave her head in? :p Come to think of it that DOES look odd! ;)

Attached Files:

4. FaeLuna

FaeLuna The One and Only

Well I uploaded 2 skins to the website, and I did the screenshots of them just was the little full figures. :D I guess in the game they're about 160 height?

I'm finally going to go get some sleep now!

5. alapokeygirl

alapokeygirl Very much in LOVE

Looks really nice to me Fae, keep up the good work! :classic:

6. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Benevolent Dictator Staff Member

They'll get published sometime today when we do the next round of updates.

7. alapokeygirl

alapokeygirl Very much in LOVE

Cool, can't wait. :LOL:

8. Billie

Billie New Member

Great job Fay!!

9. FaeLuna

FaeLuna The One and Only

Thanks for the encouragement everyone, I'm glad to see my new stuff up! When I'm feeling better again I want to make more. :D

10. lewdini

lewdini Moderate Sith Lord

Hope u feel better soon

11. FaeLuna

FaeLuna The One and Only

Thanks! I'm feeling better now, I've just been busy with lots of other things before getting back to skin-making! :eek:

12. Phoenix Ravenflame

Phoenix Ravenflame New Member

Finally got around to looking at this. I really love this top! I mean like "let's sew one for me" love it. And taking a screenshot of it on a character in the game was a good idea.

13. FaeLuna

FaeLuna The One and Only

I'm now working on a new line of swimsuits.. since it's getting to be warmer weather and I've been watching a ton of anime with cool swimsuits... it's driving me nuts trying to get everything aligned right though since I'm doing new forms from scratch (drawing on the base instead of changing a maxis skin!). I keep tweaking it though.... :p I've done 8 versions of the one suit just trying to get it lined up right!! aaaaah! :p