Family Friend Patch

Discussion in 'The Sims 1' started by Viridel, Jun 11, 2004.

1. Viridel

Viridel New Member

Family Friend Patch

I remember there used to be a patch that would remove the requirement for Family Friends in order to get promotions (if your Social isn't high enough, you won't get the promotion anyways, so I've always hated that rule).

So, I've spent the better part of the afternoon looking for it, but nowhere to be found...

Does anyone have a lead for me on it?

Thanx in advance!
    - Jason

2. suitemichelle

suitemichelle Gramma's here!

Sorry, I've never heard of that one. I used to have a mirror that after you looked at it, all you values were high for the rest of the day... but I never tho't about a patch for something like that. However in the thread above with the cheats list there is one to change or modify the personality.. maybe that would be what you're looking for???

3. Viridel

Viridel New Member

It's not about the stats... A lot of the fun of the game IS building up your stats... I just don't find it entertaining to have to create a dozen sims and have to get to (and maintain) a friendship level with all of them, just to gain a career advance.

To me, the game is about career building and economic development. The social stat is a fair and realistic one... But having people at friendship level has nothing to do with career potential. Therefore, I would like the option to cut that part out.

4. FaeLuna

FaeLuna The One and Only

If you could remember or guess at what the name of the patch was, you might be able to do a search for it on www.google.com and find which website has it for download. I've never heard of it but it would be nice to have! :)