Favorite Sims expansion?

Discussion in 'The Sims 1' started by Gary King, Oct 16, 2002.

?

Which is your favorite Sims expansion?

1. Livin' Large

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. House Party

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Hot Date

2 vote(s)
    40.0%
  4. Vacation

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Unleashed

3 vote(s)
    60.0%
  1. Gary King

Gary King New Member

Favorite Sims expansion?

Which is your favorite The Sims expansion pack?

(By the way, I'm Canadian so the correct spelling should be favourite for me, but I figure many of you are American so I'll stick with your way instead :D:p:p)

P.S.
    Yes this is my first post here :):D:D

2. Helén

Helén Posting Queen

I write favourite to, but I'm swedish and was reading english english in school. American "slang" was a nono :D

And welcome here.. :classic:

3. chatterbox

chatterbox Guest

i write it like this favorite!!!!!!!!!!

4. Tweety

Tweety New Member

Welcome to the forums Blak n Wite!

5. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Benevolent Dictator Staff Member

Welcome Black and White :)

6. FaeLuna

FaeLuna The One and Only

Welcome blak n wite! Do you happen to like the game Black and White? Your name made me think of that right away... I borrowed the game from a friend to try to play it but my computer was too slow... boo hoo!! :(

It was a tough choice for me between Hot Date and Unleashed....

7. Gary King

Gary King New Member

FaeLune: Well actually, I had my nick before the game Black & White, I guess I should've copyrighted it before the game was released :p [​IMG] But coincidentally, I own (and played) the game, it was pretty good.

8. FaeLuna

FaeLuna The One and Only

heehee that's kind of funny you used the name before the game came out!! I doubt you could have copyrighted the name though, it's an expression used too often... I think Michael Jackson did a song or album named something like that too...

I hope I get more mhz and get to play the game on my own computer someday... I only played it for a few days while visiting a friend around the time the game came out... it's been over a year I think!!

9. Gary King

Gary King New Member

Heh yea the game is pretty old; I've got a 1.8ghz with 512mb ram with an LCD monitor, so no problem playing it over here :):D

10. FaeLuna

FaeLuna The One and Only

oooooh!!! pant!!! gasp!!!! covet-covet-covet!!! oooooh I NEEED something like that!!! I don't really need to lcd monitor though, my parents have one and it's nice but I'd rather have more high tech INSIDE the tower... heh heh heh.... Though it would be great to have a monitor not QUITE so bulky in the back!! I have to move the computer desk slightly away from the wall to get the monitor nestled where it goes... It's like almost a foot and a half from screen to back!! We bought my computer in 98 and it was on sale and discontinued.... heh.

11. Gary King

Gary King New Member

How old are you? You could find a job and make some $$ to get yourself one (just a suggestion of course) :D:D:D Some people would kill for a system like mine, lol.

Edit: Just checked your website, your 29 :) Save enough $$ and you can easily get a better system than mine heh ;) :D

12. ManagerJosh

poor me and my 400Mhz machine..

13. FaeLuna

FaeLuna The One and Only

heh yeah I WISH I could get a job!! Right now I have chronic illness and it prevents me from finishing college or working. :( I only had 18 hours left till my bachelors degree too, so I hope I'll get well and finish someday. We're living on just my husband's income, which isn't a lot, but we're trying to fix cars and save up to move where there's better free or sliding scale health care. In the meantime, I've got LOTS of time home alone messing with the computer... I'm hoping maybe I can work doing online webpage and graphics related jobs... :D

14. FaeLuna

FaeLuna The One and Only

*FaeLuna pats poor Josh's 400 mhz machine* there there... it will run Unleashed at the right speed at least!! :D

15. Gary King

Gary King New Member

Ah ok Fae, I hope you get better soon :)

What about moving to where I live, Canada? Health care is much better here, since the taxes cover it :D

16. FaeLuna

FaeLuna The One and Only

Thanks :) I keep hearing how good Canada is with health stuff, but I was thinking of moving a little LESS North, heh. We want to move closer to Austin Texas, which will be a drier climate and less humidity and pollution. And I like it's an area where there are more artistic people and creativity. :) As well as better health care....

17. Gary King

Gary King New Member

Yep I understand completely, Canada is definitely very far away from Texas :eek:

18. Helén

Helén Posting Queen

Oh Fae. I do hope you get well soon. *gives Fae a big hug*
    Canada sounds like a good place to me.. I hope you find the right place soon, so you can recover. :)

And Josh.. 400 mhz is what I have now.. The upgrade I'm getting myself will be an AMD XP Athlon 1800+ (or maybe 2000+) depending on what price I get. But I'm not gonna get 512 mb RAM right now as I will need DDR RAM and theey are about the doulble cost to SDRam. OS I will get myself 256 mb at least. The m/b is ordered.. :classic:
    But it will take me a aout 1 to 2 months before I can get it all - money... :)

19. ManagerJosh

Fae, if you can make some excellent graphics, you could get paid for your work :)

But you have to be super super good :)

20. FaeLuna

FaeLuna The One and Only

Well I'm getting better, and working on getting super super good!! I was good enough my brother had me color some of his commissioned art and the people still bought it, colored by me in Photoshop. :) That made me feel good.