Favorite things:

Discussion in 'The Sims 1' started by suitemichelle, Sep 5, 2003.

1. suitemichelle

suitemichelle Gramma's here!

Favorite things:

In light of the major changes to come w/ S2, take a moment to tell me some of the downloads that you liked/hated the most.

ie: There was a picture of someones baby (the file was called happy baby) and everytime a sim looked at it all levels go back to the top and stay there a while. Another was a milk bar that drew all my sims like a magnet.

2. FaeLuna

FaeLuna The One and Only

I had/have an addiction to plants/landscaping garden type downloads so I loved stuff like greenhouses and all gardening stuff. :D I made about 8 different colors of roses from the rosebush for some of my first attempts at making cloned objects. :p

3. Bryan

Bryan Member

I really enjoy the cross i found i one site can not remember which...it was very cool. :)

4. suitemichelle

Thanks Bryan, if you happen to find the site again, would you let me know. The only one I've found is very basic.

5. SolidSnake_19

SolidSnake_19 Senior Moderator

My favorite item would probably be the Rejuvinator(s). They're a good way to get promoted faster if you stink at keeping your sims happy. :p

6. Bryan

Bryan Member

where is it at solid?

7. Bookworm42

Bookworm42 Oh No! Bathtime!

Sorry to butt in on your question to Solid but since I know the answer, I hope you don't mind me telling you the answer rather than waiting until Solid posts...You can find the rejuvenator at http://simslice.com .... my favorite downloads are the wallpaper, paint items...I spend more time decorating their homes then playing with my families...it's a sickness I know but can't help myself.. :O

8. FaeLuna

FaeLuna The One and Only

Yes, I share that sickness... I remembered another thing I really REALLY love to download TONS of is anything fantasy/faerie related. I like having whole areas of a neighborhood all woodland fantasy and there have been a lot of objects and stuff from a lot of sites that have added to my obsessive collecting for that purpose. :p

Downloads I came to HATE the most were ugly recolors of objects that had been done just by adjusting the colors or colorizing the object and while some of those turned out looking good, most of them made some of the ICKIEST boring monochromatic sets EVER! :p

9. suitemichelle

Amen to that, Sister!

Some of the nicest bathroom designs come from german and swedish sites.

10. Amy Sims

Amy Sims New Member

Play with Bob

I had a favorite object a few years ago. Since then, I've had to reinstall quite a few times and this objects was lost and I haven't been able to locate it since.
    It was a "Sim sized" replica of Bob (from the tutorial house). Cloned from a dollhouse, he sat on the floor with his legs spread apart. I used to get a kick out of it when sims played with him. LOL
    I thought that he would have made a great addition as a drunk on the sidewalk in Hotdate. LOL

Sincerely,
    Amy Sims

11. suitemichelle

have you tried searching for "Bob" on your harddrive. Maybe he's in there somewhere.

p.s. He sounds like a hoot.

12. Amy Sims

Amy Sims New Member

I was using another computer at the time when I had the "Bob Newbe" object.
    I wish I could remember the name of the site, but seeing as it was over 2 years ago, I doubt the site would still be open.
    I also remember another object that was available at that site. I think it was a 2 story Bob Newbe statue.
    That would have been an interesting yard decoration! :) LOL
    I'm also a huge fan of the Rejuvinator.

Sincerely,
    Amy Sims

13. SolidSnake_19

The pet rejuvinator also comes in handy for your depressed animals. Before I got it my pets were running away often. :whitekitty:

14. suitemichelle

never thought about the need for rejuv'ing pets. but it only stands to reason.

15. Amy Sims

Amy Sims New Member

I have that object but I've never used it.

I've always given an adopted pet a lot of attention and I didn't know that they could run away.

But if a sim can leave a household, I suppose a pet could too.

Sincerely,
    Amy Sims

16. OinkUsed2BABunny

OinkUsed2BABunny Perma-banned.

Mine: wall lights. Yep, wall lights. Space saver they are. And they're dang nifty to look at too. I'm easily satisfied.

17. SolidSnake_19

Another favorite object I almost forgot about is that Friendship painting thing that turns all the neighbors into family friends. It comes in handy when you're too busy to make friends and are trying to get to the top of a job.

18. suitemichelle

Now that sounds like a neat thing... where did you get it?

19. SolidSnake_19

I found that painting over at Sims on a Stick. :bunny:

20. OinkUsed2BABunny

OinkUsed2BABunny Perma-banned.

Sims Rejuvenator? Pets Rejuvenator? Friendship Painting? Were you planning on playing the game yourself or were you just gonna let the objects do that for ya? :p