Features in DVD Version

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by ManagerJosh, Jun 23, 2004.

1. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Benevolent Dictator Staff Member

Features in DVD Version

Believed to be DVD Features.

Expert Interviews:
    0ver 60 minutes of detailed tips & hints from the designers that made the game. Learn secret gameplay strategies ranging from fulfilling your Sims' dreams, pushing them to extremes, or mixing their Genes. Exclusive tips on evolving their family tree, choosing their aspirations, managing their wants & fears.

Film-making 101:
    Learn how to create your own movies in the Sims 2 from the designer that created the in-game movie-maker. Covers everything you need to know including controlling the camera, tricks for setting up the angles, casting & set development, special effects, saving your films, editing your films, and more.

Sims 2 Cinema: Includes a variety of movies created in-game by the developers of the game.

Sims 2 Outtakes:
    Includes hilarious outtakes of the game from the developers. See those hilarious bugs & bloppers that never make it into the shipping version.

Making of the Game Interviews: Go behind the scenes and learn about the inspiration, challenges and creative vision from the designers of the game including Will Wright.

Digital Goodies:
    Includes the entire collection of Sims 2 wallpapers to decorate your desktop, instant messaging kit & your own fansite kit to create your own website.

Candid interviews with Game Designers & Testers: Includes details on taking your Sim thru a lifetime - genes, dreams & extremes. In addition, the developers talk about the new 3D world and limitless creative possibilites with the new Create-A-Sim, build, buy & design modes, and more. Hear reactions to the game from fans & webmasters that attended The Sims 2 University.

Movies & Screens of the game:
    Includes a variety of sizzle movies & and screen shots of actual game-play.

Mini-games: Use memory & visual skills to match up parents & their offspring in this light game. Play the Hot Lips mini-game to see which Sim couples can make the sparks fly or not.

2. KatAnubis

KatAnubis Lady Staff Member

And to think I only ordered it so that I wouldn't have to swap out CDs!

This is getting better all the time!

3. wize_guy123

wize_guy123 A ***** Retiree

Where did you order it from?

Kat where did you order it from.. thats cool... Hope it comes out the same time as TS2 cd rom version so I can get it

YEAH

4. KatAnubis

I generally order it from EB Games. They've been very good to me. (You can even order it online and have instore delivery so that you can avoid postage/handling charges.)

However, they are in the mall. I don't care much for going to the mall. (Parking, crowds, more crowds, lots of temptations for someone without an adequate income. I do miss the bookstores.)

So, this time I ordered it from the Gamestop which is on my way home from my exercise place, and therefore much more convenient. They seem nice there too and I've never heard anything bad about them. (And there's a new bookstore going in across the street from the Gamestop. It's a Borders. Danger, danger!)

5. wize_guy123

Cant wait...

I wonder if they will be able to burn the goodies from the dvd? maybe..

6. FaeLuna

FaeLuna The One and Only

Have they mentioned what features the CD version will have? I'd imagine it wouldn't have as much, but it might have SOME.... :)

7. KatAnubis

I doubt there would be room on the CD version for anything but game. As it is they said that it's going to take 4 CDs to install the game.

8. Buba00

Buba00 New Member

So, I’m assuming that you’d need a DVD drive in your computer to use the DVD version, huh?

9. Flameback777

Flameback777 Josh's Servant Staff Member

10. Nic

Nic New Member

11. Supernova

Supernova New Member

Its AWESOME that the DVD and Normal versions are the same price. I was afraid the DVD would be horribly more expensive and I wouldn't be able to buy it on my tight budget :rolleyes: . Hurray for EB! :D

12. wize_guy123

New Info....

You Can Only Preorder The Sims 2 Dvd Edition... They Havent Decided If They Will Sell Them In Stores

13. Flameback777

They will. EA knows the can make big dollars if they sell the DVD version in stores too. :rolleyes:

14. KatAnubis

My take on this is that they are offering the DVD version as pre-order only to get an idea of how popular it will be. If it is, then the next shipment would probably have DVDs to sell in-store.

Now they just have to get it going over in Europe too. They aren't sure if they are going to get it at all. I doubt that would be the case because supposedly there is a higher proportion of computer users with DVD ROMs than in the US.

15. Flameback777

So far I think it will be shipped. :) I know Australia will get it though, mainly because they just have to stamp on Asia-Pacific Edition. :D