Ffxi

Discussion in 'General Gaming Talk' started by FinalFantasy4ever, Mar 12, 2004.

1. FinalFantasy4ever

FinalFantasy4ever Oh where in the world...

Ffxi

Hey! I just got FFXI recently (last Sunday to be exact) and I was wondering if any of you other FF people were planning on getting it or if you already have it. I have to find some people who want to get it and get them to join me in the server I'm on so when it's time to be in a party i have friends lol.

2. altec_tech

altec_tech New Member

Ummm.... FFXI isin't out yet is it? I just went to a gamestore yesterday, and they said it wasn't out yet...

3. FinalFantasy4ever

FFXI IS out. It hasn't come out for the PS2 yet. We purchased it for the PC.

4. FaeLuna

FaeLuna The One and Only

Tell me how your online experience is compared to Sims Online, if you saw screenshots or got to play Sims Online. :)

5. FinalFantasy4ever

I did see screen shots of TSO. From what I saw, XI has better graphics. I also think that the way the chatting may be better although i wasn't quite sure how it works on TSO. I like how you can do things such as wave, pout, poke, etc. on XI and your character actually will do these thngs. its pretty funny if you say to poke someone and theyre off to your side and your person pokes the air lol.

6. FaeLuna

FaeLuna The One and Only

haha! The avatars being able to do actions sounds somewhat like sims online, I like the poking air though. :D

7. FinalFantasy4ever

lol. There was something i really liked about XI.....I liked watching people cast summons. the were sitting outside an exit casting all of them for no reason except to show off.....makes me anxious for lvl 30 lol course....i been banned from it by my brother so im only lvl 6....or did i decrease again..

8. FaeLuna

FaeLuna The One and Only

Your brother BANNED you from the game?! Is it his game and you're only playing it when he's not, or something like that? :eek:

9. FinalFantasy4ever

it was supposed to be split 50/50 he said i could pay back slowly over time then he had to get up early to drive me to school and sionce i been banned by him lol

10. OinkUsed2BABunny

OinkUsed2BABunny Perma-banned.

So are you playing it again now? I imagine you'd have gotten into a LS or have at least made some friends already, huh? Also, what server are you on?

I've been playing another MMORPG called Lineage 2, and if I'd gotten into the FFXI PC beta (instead of the L2 one), maybe I would have played FFXI instead...

Anyways, w/ the expansion pack coming out and my interest in FFXI renewed, I just might get the game and vanish for a couple of months again.

11. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Benevolent Dictator Staff Member

NOOO!!! WE Must prevent the sheepig from leaving us again.

12. OinkUsed2BABunny

Just when I've gotten rid of Book...

13. FaeLuna

FaeLuna The One and Only

Hey! I just got FF XI and I'm loving it! I'm on the Phoenix worldserver and I'm playing a Mythra named Faeluna :D ...imagine that.... :p

My best friend got the game and she and her husband play all the time, him on the computer, and her on the PS2.... so now I'm sucked into the game to keep in contact, haha! :D

14. OinkUsed2BABunny

Can FF4E and/or Fae give us an update on how they're doing in FFXI? I'm stuck trying to decide whether I should go back to Lineage 2, join FFXI, or steal a copy of WoW and give that a whirl instead.

15. FinalFantasy4ever

I, have not been able to play FFXI I was banned by my brother but as soon as I can finally get a job I am soooo playing it again. I loved it but...there are others thatd I'd wanna try like Everquest or whatever it is

16. OinkUsed2BABunny

Ahem. Do what I do and play Lineage 2 on a free server.

Main page for the private server.

The exp is at 10x while the drops are at 20x for this week only (to make up to the players after the admins wiped the server...), then it'll revert back to 5x exp/10x drops. Which is still quick. The game's free, and the grind is at least 5x easier than the official servers. There's nothing to lose by giving it a try.

I've kinda given up on the server because of low player populations already, even before the wipe, but if any newcomers want, I am willing to start over again and help familiarize you guys with the game. Ask me specific questions about the game or server here or in PMs, and I'll give you an answer and a bushel full of links! ;)

17. FinalFantasy4ever

yeah yeah its been a lil while. I was just looking back at these posts and was thinking maybe i should try lineage two. Right now i cant find anyhting out about the game but I could when I get home (at a school waiting for my mum) and was wondering on your opinion. Seems from what Oink says that its not bad.