Fires- silly sims lol

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by sims2, Nov 17, 2006.

1. sims2

sims2 New Member

Fires- silly sims lol

Does anyone else on here get annoyed by the fires that keep appearing in the sims kitchens? I buy a microwave or my sims moan LOL, then i also buy a fire alarm but stillthey appears to be a fire a lot. Is it just my sims or is this common with every sim? It certainly is annoying though:p
    *one thing to never forget to buy an alarm LOL!!* I made this simple mistake at the beginning and my sim ended updieing because the sims are too busy standing there yelling theres a fire without doing anything about it :(

2. MegRen

MegRen New Member

If they don't have any cooking skills they can still set fires, even with a fire alarm. All the fire alarm does is call the Fire Station. And no, the sims won't do anything productive about the fire unless you instruct them to extinguish it, thereby putting them in danger of setting themselves on fire and dying in the fire.

3. sims2

sims2 New Member

Skills? Oh right! I didnt actually know that. Thats yet another thing i picked up.Thanks for the hip. How can i get these skills?

4. Cassiepeia

Cassiepeia New Member

Earning skill points....

Cooking - bookcase (click the bookcase, select 'study' and then choose 'cooking'), cook meals, watch the 'yummy' channel on TV, use the career object
    Cleaning - bookcase or actually clean the house, use the career object
    Mechanical - bookcase, repair broken items in the house, use the career object
    Logic - telescope, chess table, use the career object
    Body - exercise equipment, workout using the tv or radio, use the career object, yoga (click on the sim once they have a few body points and you should be able to select 'yoga')
    Creativity - easel, musical instruments, use the career object

I've probably forgotten some other ways of getting them but that's the basics. Oh and I couldn't think of what all the career objects were but if you do a search I'm sure you'll find another post that lists them all and what they do.

Cass.

5. sims2

sims2 New Member

Oh right, nice tip there=D thanks!
    I actually earn some skills when my sims clean by themself=D

6. krazzy kezzy

krazzy kezzy foodlover

i dont always bother with fire alarms i didnt know they can die from trying to extinguish. the one thing that does annoy me about the fires though is its always at inconvenient times like just before they go to work n you just have time to cook before the carpool arrives and all there hygiene goes down so annoying.

7. sims2

sims2 New Member

Really? Well my sims terribly stand there...without a fire alarm with a big huse..one sim would be downstairs...and getting fired!

8. Cassiepeia

Cassiepeia New Member

If you click on the little 'fire' icon that appears in the top left corner of the screen (when a fire occurs) it should allow you to then move the sim away from the fire. Although they will eventually run back to it. :rolleyes: That at least allows you to save them from certain death.

Cass.