First Pets Screenshots @ SimSational

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by Chris, Jul 27, 2006.

1. Chris

Chris New Member

First Pets Screenshots @ SimSational

Hey all,

The first known screenshots from the Pets expansion have been posted at SimSational :D

Take a look: http://www.simsational.co.uk

2. Lynet

Lynet New Member

Oh, I love the last two, being able to choose a picture for them to paint. (Does that snapshot look just a little like Josh? :p Just kidding!) I know there's a way to do that now but it's tricky and I've never managed it. I wonder if they have frames for those paintings yet.

Thought I saw a new window style in the kitchen, too. And pictures for the walls. All that stuff is what I'd look for as soon as I loaded the game -- the architectural and decorative objects. :eek:

Although the dog getting a bath in the tub was amusing.

3. surprised_by_witches

surprised_by_witches Sleep deprived

The pets are cute. I like the guinea pig, and I agree with Lynet that the new architectural features are what I look for first.

You can already choose a picture for them to paint, but now you can do it without cheats, is all.

I hope they have other new features as well. I assume there will be a lot of new interactions with pets, at least.

Looks like cats might be a problem, always on the furniture or counters. I'd hate it if my sims got tied up shooing them all the time. :rolleyes:

4. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

I am intrigued by the pic labelled "eating". The woman is shooing the cat off the counter ... now that's cool but somehow I can't get excited ... there is just so much scope for it to work all wrong (eg cat always on the counter that someone wants to use for food causing endless "I don't know where to put this item" fun where the sim chooses the next 'suitable' place that is also unavailable because it is blocked or in use. I know I am being cynical. Pets would be cool but not unless there are a full complement of hacks to fix all the built-in irks. Take the pic marked Cats and dogs. The woman is depicted as reacting to a cat asleep on a sofa ... fine if it happens but she is behind the sofa and that never happens in game and my feeling is that Sims will always want to sit where the cat is sleeping and by the time they've done being amusingly (the first time) confuddled by the discovery all the other available seats will be occupied.

Am I sour? No, not really. I disliked Unleashed because the pets were boring and tedious as well as immortal. The food growing idea was sort of cool but no sims got any pleasure from growing food and gophers got far too much of the produce anyway. Without the major improvements in the neighborhood with community lots and so on Unleashed would have been my least favorite TS1 EP.

In spite of all I have said, above, I would actually want some of my sims to have pets and would really like to get the 4th EP when it eventually appears. But I won't be very excited about it until well after it is released and I know something about what is on offer. If the pets live too long I won't get it. If the EP is seriously buggy, I won't get it untill the pathces are reported as working and if MATY doesn't upgrade its core game-enhancing hacks for EP4 I definitely won't buy it.

Cool pics though :rolleyes:

5. surprised_by_witches

Witch Baby said if our computer can't support both she wants to hold off for the Magic EP, which she hopes is coming next. So if Pets looks buggy I may not have to get it after all. At least not right away.

I do like animals, but I have the same fears as Mirelly. It will be amusing for about five seconds if sims can't figure out how to work around their pets.

What's wrong with a cat sitting on the sofa, after all? Just sit next to it. :rolleyes:

6. Kimblee

Kimblee Hyperactive Goddess

I want the pets ep so bad...

my compie can take a few more... lol

I want a pretty kitty for my simmies.

7. watchungrider

watchungrider New Member

I think it would be cool, but my comp is allready really old and can barely handle open for business. I think I would probably go for University before the pets.

It does look cool and all , but with unleashed, they just got to be a hassle, and they were so simple. i didn't like how they could open the doors by themselves, so I like how in Sims 2, you can lock doors.
    Also, I hope they actually grow this time.

I'm actually pretty excited though.... I'm wondering which ep I should get...

8. nattiboy13

nattiboy13 New Member

i think pets are just goin to be a hassle, lol. not only do you have to raise a kid and feed them, but now your going to have to give your pet a bone, and or feed them, and pay attention to them.... grrr

9. person123

person123 Frumpy McDoogle!

I'm loving the new furniture and items I'm seeing...and of course, excited that the dogs and cats are looking diverse.

10. mEtAlHeAd

mEtAlHeAd O RLY??

!!!y4yZ 4 Z3 k1ttYZ!!!

yay,booyah!

I love aniamals,infact i work in a Zoo(a zoo would be nice in a EP)
    It would be so realistic with cats i mean 85% of people own,have owned a pet.

That one with the guy rubbing the dogs tummy and the ladie shooing the cat off the sofa is cool.

11. MoreStainedPaper

MoreStainedPaper New Member

I am so excited for the new EP! Especially since I got my new kittens! (We're foster parenting them. They just turned 3 weeks old yesterday but we've had them since they were 2 days old!) I want to see if I can replicate them and my older cat using the create-a-pet feature. I'm glad they added that, because I think it would have gotten really old with the preset breeds from unleashed. Anyways, I'm excited, and from the looks of it there are going to be a ton of cool new pet objects. And knowing all of the awesome people doing custom content, there will be a ton of awesome objects coming from users, too.

12. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Benevolent Dictator Staff Member

13. person123

Well, I officially caved and gave way to my inner animal-lover after watching the video on the official site...*sigh* I want a doggie! I am a little disappointed that you can only have dogs, cats, birds, and guinea pigs. What about reptiles, huh? My mom only likes warm fuzzy things, and then we found out that animal dander affects my brother's eczema. Phooey. I thought I'd at least give my simself some deadly snakes and lizards!

14. Cassiepeia

Cassiepeia New Member

Looks awesome! I'm really looking forward to getting it.

One thing though. I read the transcript on the official site for the new ep chat and can someone tell me what on earth a 'womrat' is???

Cass.

15. alliekat

alliekat Insert quirky comment

I wasn't all that phased about getting pets, but now that I've seen the screenshots, I think I may be. They look a lot more realistic than in Unleashed and look like they might actually be worthwhile having. I have the same concerns though, with the sims getting stuck shooing all of the time, but someone will fix it I'm sure :D !

16. surprised_by_witches

Hmmm ... maybe they meant wombat?

17. Cassiepeia

Cassiepeia New Member

LOL That's what I thought they meant, but the name 'womrat' was mentioned twice so I was just wondering if I'd missed something somewhere and it was some new 'sim' animal or a strange breed of rodent I'd never heard of. *shrugs*

Cass.

18. person123

No, it's just Maxis being silly. They just call the guinea pigs wormrats.