First Sims 3 Expansion Pack

Discussion in 'The Sims 3' started by ManagerJosh, May 1, 2009.

1. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Benevolent Dictator Staff Member

First Sims 3 Expansion Pack

What do you think The First Sims 3 Expansion Pack is?

Just as a refresher:

The Sims 1 - Livin' Large
    The Sims 2 - Sims 2 University
    The Sims 3 - Sims 3 Creator's Camp? :rotfl:

I was thinking the last one was going to be that because The Sims 2 the first webmaster gathering was called Sims 2 University...and ironically it was the the title of our next expansion pack.

So thoughts? :D What do you think the first Sims 3 expansion pack should be?

2. sharkloverplayer

sharkloverplayer New Member

I think the first ep will be something like a hot date one.

3. swmeek

swmeek I got your benevolent dictator pal!!

Something based on Nightlife would be a great choice.

4. ManagerJosh

Both ideas are great, but they were about the community and life outside the lot. With Sims 3, you can go outside the lot already and explore the night scene...or go dating elsewhere.

5. sharkloverplayer

Yes but with a dating ep they could open some restuerents like the diner and also the movie theater which is currently a rabbit hole.I'd love to see our simmies in the theater watching a movie,making out,sharing popcorn etc and there is only one restrurent our sims can go to the bistro and they have to sit outside.

They could also add holding hands and walking at the same time in a dating ep as well as places like nightclubs,bowling alleys,possibly apartments and a downtown.

6. Nyx

Nyx The Ever-Knowing

Vacation!

7. sharkloverplayer

Yea I'd like a vacation ep too as well.Some ideas a new neighborhood could be added that you can get to by boat.You could do things like go on actual tours were you could see your sims on a tour,they could add shops,hotels etc and sims could scuba dive under water.This would be a coastal retreat island they could also add a neighborhood with a camping place and sims could also camp in trailers.This would be a great ep to make the ocean swimmable.Also new objects like indoor jakuzzi's,heartbeds,waterbeds etc could be added.Also the camp sites could include tents were sims could wohoo or sleep in.

Boats could be introduced that sims could own.Sims could fish from these boats,waterski,eat on them and do romantic interactions like kiss,makeout,wohoo and try for a baby.When wohooing steam would cover the top of the boat but you could see the boat rocking in the water.

Also sims could spend the night in the lighthouse as long as they booked it.

8. swmeek

public woohoo in the movie theater would be cool! :ducks:

9. sharkloverplayer

Yes it would be awsome to do public wohoo in theaters but you can do public wohoo in the science museum in a testtube this has been confirmed.

10. Flameback777

Flameback777 Josh's Servant Staff Member

Public woohoo in a test tube could be uh interesting?

11. JohnEZ

JohnEZ The Mac Guy

I'm still very much hoping for an Open-for-Business type expansion. I took a lot of pride in my sims having their own unique businesses, and it would disappoint me greatly if they couldn't own their own establishments. After all, Simmers have cried for the longest time about not being able to follow their sims to work, and this provided an elegant solution to that. This, and I don't really think that the solution that they have proposed for now (i.e. bringing a little bit of work home with you) is sufficient at all.

It seems to me that if they don't include this sort of functionality sometime soon after the initial release, the whole game would be like moving backward into the future--and that ideology just doesn't work with me.

Just my honest opinion :)

12. ManagerJosh

Wow. I'd expect a lot of cries for weather, or pets, but I didn't expect such a reaction for test-tube woo-hoo :p

13. Flameback777

Weather and some pets should be in the game from the start, EA already make enough money.

OFB was actually quite a good EP that I would like to see again.

14. JohnEZ

JohnEZ The Mac Guy

I must say that their silence on the topic of expansions to this point... kind of concerns me.

15. swmeek

I think they're gonna milk the people for every red cent they can in any way they can! :ducks:

16. NorthernRebel

NorthernRebel New Member

Recreation

I'm thinking Recreation would be a good one. It's a broad enough category that they could fill in a lot of the gaps that are in SIms 3. For example, bring back the soccer net and basketball court, a pool table, more portable items for outdoor activities (ie portable chairs, portable table, tents, coolers, horseshoes? :), volleyball net, etc etc). They could even work up some vacation things under a recreation theme.

17. Flameback777

Filling in gaps is what EA will do by making everyone buy another 7 EPs.

18. swmeek

Yuppers!

19. ManagerJosh

You're missing a 0 in that statement Flamey :D

20. Flameback777

Hmm? What do you mean Joshy?