forum moderator

Discussion in 'The Sims 1' started by Bettyjoe, Jan 10, 2002.

1. Bettyjoe

Bettyjoe New Member

forum moderator

:p hi I am going to be the moderator of this forum... I am looking forward to getting posts from alll the visiters that come here and have something relevant to ask or contribute to the sims in regards to walls and floors..... I WILL not tolerate ABUSIVE posts..... :mad: so keep them nice and clean....

2. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Benevolent Dictator Staff Member

Re: forum moderator

Actually BettyJoe is our Floors and Walls Designer here at WorldSims. Her Work is coming soon to the database here. So You have a professional helping you in all your questions here!!

3. Blue_ghost

Blue_ghost Guest

I can not wait! i could help make some wallpaper and floors. i do it all the time. i have the sims homecrafter. it is really easy! i could submit some of my work if you want it.

4. Stello

Stello New Member

Wall texture question

Bettyjoe,

You might be able to help me with this one..

I'm currently using The Sims to decide what colours to use for our upcoming living room revamp (for our REAL house!).. I've imported several wallpaper textures to the Homecrafter, and I've noticed that anything with a pattern tends to look really good in the Sim house, but if I use a blank colour, it looks all wrong in the Sim house.. I wanted to take screenshots with "painted walls", which would have had just one colour above the panelled section of the wall, but it just doesn't look right at all when I apply it on the Sim walls.. For example, the corners of the room disappear - if you didn't see the floor, you couldn't tell where the corners are! Also, there's always one wall that has a severe shadow on it, which looks as if the "painted" wallpaper on that wall is totally different colour..

How could I best create a "painted wall" effect, which would look normal in the Sim house?

It's not a life or death issue as I've just edited the walls in PSP after taking the screenshots, but it's still puzzling me..