"Fox brings Sims to bigscreen"

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by jupitershana, Jun 24, 2007.

1. jupitershana

jupitershana Kitty Fanatic!

"Fox brings Sims to bigscreen"

Hmmm....I'm not sure how I feel about this. Interesting though.

http://www.variety.com/article/VR1117965812.html?categoryid=10&cs=1

2. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

Wow, cool! I'd love to be involved in that project. I wonder if they will use the much-loved Goths as the central characters. Who would you choose to play the human "godlike" player?

What about casting Pleasantview?

Mortimer Goth would have to be Jack Nicholson ;)

3. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Benevolent Dictator Staff Member

So as long as I can walk the red carpet once in my life, I'm happy :D

4. suitemichelle

suitemichelle Gramma's here!

no way... mortimer would have to be Nicolas Cage... He's so full of angst.

5. Cassiepeia

Cassiepeia New Member

Not sure how I feel about this. Since the Sims is just a 'game of life' basically, and, as the story says, that whole "what is it like to have power" thing has been done before. It sounds like they've created a generic movie that just might happen to have characters with the same names as some Maxis made Sims and perhaps neighbourhoods of the same name. *shrugs*

And colour me pessimistic but the creds of the writer and director aren't great.

I'm imagining a movie where a few people, walking around with plumbobs over their heads, burn their dinner, complain about not being able to use the toilet, pee on the floor, have a shower and end up with bubbles streaming out their butt, go on a date with a random person, to a place where they can order a grill cheese sandwich from the same menu as a Lobster Thermador, have some old woman in town hit them over the head with a handbag if they so much as hold hands and then they both drown in the pool because the ladder magically disappears.

Oh what fun! :p

Cass.

6. JohnEZ

JohnEZ The Mac Guy

Haha, sounds fun :p I kinda have to wonder as to whether or not it will materialize, though. I mean, do you think that many people would go see a live action sims movie?

...eh, maybe, who knows. :p Stranger things have happened... like Paris Hilton.

7. fuzzy_ferret_luver

fuzzy_ferret_luver New Member

I don't see how they can make it a movie, seeing as how everyone plays it different.
    I guess they could go along with the "Town Stories" or something.

LOL Cassiepeia