FOX making Sims movie!

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by slimsim, May 26, 2007.

1. slimsim

slimsim Often-Idle Member

FOX making Sims movie!

http://www.variety.com/article/VR1117965812.html?categoryid=13&cs=1

Fox brings 'SIMS' to bigscreen

Film will be a live-action version

By PETER GILSTRAP

20th Century Fox has acquired feature rights to the life simulation computer game "The SIMS" from Electronic Arts, and has set project up with Fox-based John Davis.The five-year-old franchise is the best selling PC game in history, with worldwide sales topping 85 million, bringing in over $1.6 billion. Pic will be a live-action version.
    Steve Asbell is overseeing the project for Fox with SIMS Studio head Rod Humble managing the creative property for Electronic Arts. Brian Lynch will script; story is under wraps with talent yet to be named.
    "'The SIMS has done an interactive version of an old story, which is what it's like to have infinite power and how do you deal with it," said Humble. "Given that that's an old story, you can imagine how easily that would translate to traditional story telling."
    Davis' most recent projects include "Norbit," "When A Stranger Calls," and "Eragon."
    Lynch scripted and helmed upcoming "Big Helium Dog," and penned "Scary Movie 3," and is managed by Benderspink.

2. fuzzy_ferret_luver

fuzzy_ferret_luver New Member

I'm really confused at how they would make it a movie...

3. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

It would be funny if they spoke in Simlish with subtitles :rolleyes:

There's a live action Sims movie on U Tube ... I'd share but it's a bit rude (can't remember why it's been an age since I saw it :rolleyes: ). Very innovative though. My favourite part was the guy dressed in black with a green diamond dangling from a stick that he held over the sim-character's head the whole time.